FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

The process similar to other processes. You start from online application, where you need to upload your cv and cover letter. Then, if you are successful, you are invited for 2 tests (numerical and verbal), where you don't have time to complete. And after that you are divided into teams, where you have to work together on 1 project. After that you have 30 min to read text and write a short review on it.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Applied at university and was asked to return a few months after being rejected the first time and went through 3 phone interviews. After the phone interviews, I was asked to come to the office for 3 interviews that were mainly behavioral, but one was fairly technical. I then participated in a group case study with other applicants where we were given an allotted time to come up with a solution when given data and information about a company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The first round interview was very conversational and on campus. There were a few market sizing questions but nothing very challenging.

The second round at FTI where there was a group case study and 3 behavioral interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• How many pizzas are eaten in a month in the U.S.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then three in person interview. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and the second one with a senior director. One in person case interview, I wasn't told that this would be a possibility so wasnt really prepared. I thought the case interview was difficult. The other questions were related to my background and skillset.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in xyz project? How have you managed working with difficult clients? The case interview was about litigation consulting.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Fairly relaxed as more of a conversation than really tough questions. 1st round cv based. 2nd round was a case study. 3rd round was another cv interview with 2 senior colleagues.

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages. The first round assessment centre consisted of 4 GMAT-style tests and a group exercise. The tests are relatively standard and can be prepared for with any GMAT textbook. I think it was one non-calculator math test, a logical reasoning test, and a verbal and writing tests. The group exercise involved being split up into groups of 2-3 to prepare a pitch for setting up a lottery business. New information has to be digested under timed conditions and certain solutions discussed. It was important to identify a framework for discussion and have an impact on the course of debate.

The success rate of the first round ac was not high. I think only about 3 people got through out of 16. The second round ac consisted of three stages. The first was a relatively relaxed interview with a junior member of the EFC team. The second stage was a case study where you had to use Excel and Word to assemble a report on valuation of losses to a company. It is quite an elaborate case with lots of data and documents and it is important to find the things they are looking for. I then had to present my findings to an MD, who asked more questions to test my understanding of the case. The final interview was held with a senior MD. He asked rather probing questions and I think intended to test how I held up to certain aggressive or unfamiliar questions/responses.

The decision came 1 week after the second round ac.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about the CFA and ACCA accreditations which FTI Consulting support, and which do you prefer?   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Test and Group Exercise. numerical reasoning without calculator - 25 questions in 30 minutes.verbal reasoning - 28 questions in 30 minutes. Then after the group exercise there was a written test.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by in-person interviews in Chicago. The first call was a HR screening, followed by calls with the managing directors and a team lead. Because the bulk of the company's project management team sits in Chicago, I spent half a day interviewing with the rest of the team there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult client, and if so, how did you deal with him or her?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical. They were willing to meet my reasonable requests for a higher starting salary.