FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

Health Solutions Intern Interview

Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate a firm with negative equity?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Consulting Interview

Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Standard online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, then an half hour telephone interview with a memeber of HR and a senior memeber of the team. Then a interview at the offices with two senior memebers of the team, and a maths test. Final round interview with a senior managing director for about an hour.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Economic and Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It's an assessment day. From around 9.00 am to 2.00 pm. Firstly several employees introduced their program and the company, then there was a verbal test which is very similar to a combination of GMAT logical reasoning, verbal and reading tests, and a SQL type numerical test. Time is deliberately set to make you unable to finish the tests. After the tests, we were divided into groups of three to four and had an group exercise based a case the company did a few years ago. Then lunch break, followed by a final writing test which required you to summarise a short journal article.

Interview Questions

• The group exercise was pretty difficult, because the case was quite complicated, lacks some information, and time was tight.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview that was around 45 minutes or so. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked me about a lot of my experiences, why I wanted to apply to FTI consulting, what other jobs I was applying to, etc. The whole interview process was relaxed and there weren't many technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer went through my transcript and asked me why I got Bs in the classes that I did.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Through Skype, very conversational. Recruiter was friendly and relaxed. Supervisor was very hands on. Small office made the entire experience more personal. The job was very clerical but very engaging. Atmosphere of the office was always intense, puts pressure on you to push harder.