FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Tax Advisory Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2016.

Interview

Online form with cover letter then telephone interview and then online assessments. Relatively straight forward but I assume I didn't pass the online assessments as they've not said anything to me since then, not even a rejection.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for the first stage assessment day at their office. Had 3 tests; numerical, written and group exercise. An informal lunch between the written test and group exercise which gives you an opportunity to meet the team. Numerical test is pretty standard and the written test is summarising an article.

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through college/university. Got an email asking whether I was available for an interview. Accepted and scheduled interview for next week. Easy interview. Got offer day after and was given 1 week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question. Teamwork oriented.   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was given a chance to interview. The interview consisted of two 30 minute talks with managing directors from the company. Very casual conversations and nothing too difficult was asked.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was selected for an assessment centre in December. The assessment centre had about 20 people. There was a GMAT style numerical reasoning test, followed by an introduction to the company and department, and then a writing task (basically a summary and editing a sample piece of work prepared). After the writing task was an informal lunch, and then a group exercise on introducing a lottery system into a country.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if one block of advertising per week was sufficient.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview three days after a telephone interview. There were two interviewers. Both were kind. The interview included mostly behaviour questions. The interviewers were interested in knowing my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      What is your expected salary?
      Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1) Online Application
    2) Brief 10-minute phone interview.
    3)Numerical and Verbal tests online.
    4)Assessment Centre.

Passed my online application and had my phone interview. Interview was short and concise. I was only asked 3-4 questions:
    1) what skills do you have that you can bring to your role?
    2) why are you interested in tax?
    3) why are you interested in FTI's Graduate Scheme

Am still in the recruitment process!

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Through campus recruiting, it was a simple process and application accompanied by a pre-night and then the interview. The interviewer made me feel that I would move on to the next step in the process. Then after two weeks I finally got a reply that they weren't interested.

Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Geneva, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview with alumni. Easy-going and relaxing process. Behavioral questions such as how I see leadership, resolve conflicts and group work. And also about my resume. Great experience to know about their company and having an interview.

Financial Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the first round interview process.

Firstly, we had to complete a math and verbal test. The math test was pretty hard since it was really long. The verbal one was very similar to the GMAT, but it includes also a text summary.

After that, there was a case study related to the introduction of a lottery in a country. There are a lot of data and not enough time to analyze everything, so you should focus on the final question and quantify your proposal.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to pitch our proposal.   1 Answer