FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.9

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Through campus recruiting, it was a simple process and application accompanied by a pre-night and then the interview. The interviewer made me feel that I would move on to the next step in the process. Then after two weeks I finally got a reply that they weren't interested.

Transaction Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

A relatively straight forward behavioral interview with a slight tilt to the technical side. Nothing overly difficult. About 30 minutes long. Interviewer didn't have much "fluff" was relatively quick and straight to the point.

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview, short and to the point. No in person meeting required for the position. Interviewer was professional and easy to talk to, asked standard questions regarding my career goals, if I was currently practicing law, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you done doc review before? If so which platforms have you used?   1 Answer

Director, Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was easy and focused on background and career transition questions. I had to follow-up and call in as the recruiter was slow to schedule after initial email and then forgot the time we had agreed to. The position and market served was described well. Interviewer said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager for a phone follow-up interview. Haven't heard back in over a week yet.

Interview Questions

• What restructuring/corporate finance skills are you using in your current position that you would be using at the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Typical with pre-set questions - very reasonable and provided next step conclusion. Had 3 back to back to back interviews which concluded with a lunch time interview. Recruiter managed the entire process remotely

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One of the worst processes I've ever been a part of; it assured me I do not want to work here with in the Health Solution group.

Further more, screw this company. Based on my interview experience, they want to hire excel jockeys to put someone behind a computer to run excel spreadsheets all day. I'm very glad I didn't get an offer but really wish they didn't so inconsiderately and disrespectfully waste my time in the interview process I spent a colossal amount time of a week trying to figure out some functions on a stupid excel spreadsheet, which I had no prior experience with.

This was one of those interview processes where I remember the names of the people who interviewed me so that down the road I can screw them over if I get the chance.

Interview Questions

• There was an excel "case" study test that required knowledge of apparently the VBlookup function and a couple other ones to make sense of a spreadsheet. This is your typical mindless interview test since this is a very easy skill to pick up on the job. Further more, the fact that this was the test led me to believe the company really wants to hire excel jockeys first and foremost.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied online, the process took a week? I interviewed at FTI consulting (Seattle, WA). On campus interview, 1:1. They mostly asked about my resume, and technical questions only (no behavior question) based on your resume. Ex., what is JSON, difference between private and protected? example of relational database design

Interview Questions

• What is the concept of OOPS   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal and heard back about an interview within the week. The interview was two ~30 minute, one-on-one interviews with directors. I received my offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that we should know?   Answer Question