FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Health Solutions Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2016.

Interview

Sent in resume through the university career website. There was a pre-night dinner/event the night before the on-campus interview so you can meet your interviewer and know more about the position. On-campus interview was with one of the Directors of Health Solutions Analytics team. Went through my resume. Passed the on-campus interview and a excel assignment was send to me to complete. I went to the office interview. 3 interviews with directors. 2 interviews focused on your experience with financial data and what your experience is with it. 1 interview focused on behavioral questions. Then there was 1 causal Q&A with consultants who have been hired recently. Also, went to lunch with a senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What experience do you have with Excel, SQL, Access?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Bloomington, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

First few minutes were very conversational, we spoke about some of the conversations we had from the pre-interview dinner the night before. Next the interviewer went through a couple of experiences on my resume and asked for me to respond to certain questions about them. Next were a couple of behavioral questions followed by one case question at the end.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask if you wanted to project the future sales for a client's project?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional, and I was treated with respect. I met with different people and I though the interviews went well. It seemed to me that FTI would have been a great company to work for.
    I suspect I did not get a job offer because of lack of lack of experience in the specific tasks they perform as well as salary requirements. However, the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about background, experience and technical aspects.   Answer Question

FEDA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral interview. Second round was at their office and involved three behavioral interviews followed by lunch. The second round interviews were with employees on the team that I would be joining, as well as their supervisor. I heard back from then within the next week.

Interview Questions

• What three historical figures would you have dinner with?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone call from HR representative regarding the position with basic point such as my current position, why I am looking for a new job etc. There was then an in person interview with a senior manager, a partner, an a person of the same hiring level.

BEWARNED: This company brought me in the door for a particular role, asking me for a particular set of skills at a particular experience level and then literally without telling me changed the role to an intern (over 3 years lower than my experience level). It was very clear that they simply wanted hands working and would likely start rolling heads after tax season with that very bait-and-switch like tactic where I honestly felt deceived that I came in to this interview. They promised that all full-time employees start at this "intern" level and that there is nothing I can do if I want the job. It was safe to say I was frankly disgusted with the professionalism of this firm and voiced my opinion to the partner who told me "this is how we do things" Well obviously after feeling so deceived I honestly wasn't even interested in the job after 5 minutes in that process and seemed to show that fairly well as they did not even attempt to contact me afterward.

SummerHealthcare Solutions - Revenue Cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Evanston, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

One 20-30 minute interview that is basically one/two behavioral(s) and one/two technical(s). I'd say at least half of the interview was the interviewer asking about one very minute point on my resume. The interviewer was also quite awkward. After he asked the first question he seemed unsure of what to ask next.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Conducted two one to one interviews on campus for the Senior Strategy Consultant position. FTI conducted two behavioral interviews with two different people, from the Managing Director level. The interview mostly covered your past background and experiences. One interview was very fast paced while the other went a bit slower.

It seemed like they were attempting to ensure everything was accurate, with them trying to poke any holes in your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe exactly how your prior supervisor would describe you. What critical things would they say?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was referred by a former coworker for the job. The process took 3 months, 5 phone interviews and a final in-person interview with 4 senior management members. Due to the length of time, it was a frustrating interview process. Very inefficient, despite the fact that each company employee I spoke with or met was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions, case interview questions   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

A 30-min on campus short interview. The interviewer was friendly and answered my questions about the company. It was a pleasure experience although I did not get the offer. He asked me to introduce myself and went straight up to case questions. They look for problem solver with analytical mindset.

Interview Questions

• What method would you use to pick out employees who create fake employee files and take their salaries?   Answer Question