FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

304 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director, Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was easy and focused on background and career transition questions. I had to follow-up and call in as the recruiter was slow to schedule after initial email and then forgot the time we had agreed to. The position and market served was described well. Interviewer said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager for a phone follow-up interview. Haven't heard back in over a week yet.

Interview Questions

• What restructuring/corporate finance skills are you using in your current position that you would be using at the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Typical with pre-set questions - very reasonable and provided next step conclusion. Had 3 back to back to back interviews which concluded with a lunch time interview. Recruiter managed the entire process remotely

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One of the worst processes I've ever been a part of; it assured me I do not want to work here with in the Health Solution group.

Further more, screw this company. Based on my interview experience, they want to hire excel jockeys to put someone behind a computer to run excel spreadsheets all day. I'm very glad I didn't get an offer but really wish they didn't so inconsiderately and disrespectfully waste my time in the interview process I spent a colossal amount time of a week trying to figure out some functions on a stupid excel spreadsheet, which I had no prior experience with.

This was one of those interview processes where I remember the names of the people who interviewed me so that down the road I can screw them over if I get the chance.

Interview Questions

• There was an excel "case" study test that required knowledge of apparently the VBlookup function and a couple other ones to make sense of a spreadsheet. This is your typical mindless interview test since this is a very easy skill to pick up on the job. Further more, the fact that this was the test led me to believe the company really wants to hire excel jockeys first and foremost.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied online, the process took a week? I interviewed at FTI consulting (Seattle, WA). On campus interview, 1:1. They mostly asked about my resume, and technical questions only (no behavior question) based on your resume. Ex., what is JSON, difference between private and protected? example of relational database design

Interview Questions

• What is the concept of OOPS   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal and heard back about an interview within the week. The interview was two ~30 minute, one-on-one interviews with directors. I received my offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that we should know?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a general screening phone interview, a second phone interview with a supervisor, and then a three hour in person interview. This included a 45 minute presentation of my portfolio to a panel of several people and three individual interview sessions with different people on the team.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that is well designed. How would you improve up on this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First they brought about 10 of us into a conference room to give us a run-down of what the company does, what its main product is, and the type of stuff we might be working on. We then took a break to eat lunch with some of the employees and got to know them. Afterwards everyone being interviewed was assigned 2 employees who did the actual "interview" part. Questions were largely behavioral with a couple minor technical questions thrown in. The entire process was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of workplace environment/atmosphere best works for you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services office and participated in an on campus interview. There were mostly behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume. They were interested in experiences I had working with data, teamwork, and problem solving.