FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and was invited for the first stage assessment day at their office. Had 3 tests; numerical, written and group exercise. An informal lunch between the written test and group exercise which gives you an opportunity to meet the team. Numerical test is pretty standard and the written test is summarising an article.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Conducted a Skype interview, part of which consisted of a personality test. I wrote some illustrations and they were interpreted by the interviewer. I forgot the name of the specific test, but I believe these personality tests are used widely in the region of the world where I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was unexpected and seemed subjective.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

Only one fit interview - no cases or technicals. Talked about my previous internships and my accomplishments at school. Very informal and unstructured - much of it was actually informational about FTI. Just be sure to appear articulate and show a logical thought process when talking through your fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most useful trait as an intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Newark, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions

• They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very bland, they had no benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Brentwood, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a quick phone screening, I was asked to complete a skills assessment which was logic/theory based (super easy). After completing that, I heard back from the recruiter about a week and a half later. Had a phone interview with the SMD, it went well and they said the recruiter would contact me about coordinating an onsite interview. About a month later we finally met. Interviewed with 4 different people on site. It didn't feel like an interview at all - it went really well. Didn't hear back for about a month, then was given a verbal offer by the recruiter. Took about another week to get that in writing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email the day after I submitted my application on their website. The email requested an interview the very afternoon due to the urgency of the project. The interviewer was very helpful and accommodating and was able to work with my schedule and reschedule a phone interview for the next day. The interview was on time, and very informative. It lasted less than half an hour and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What got you interested in the field of Document Review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They pay a flat rate. I was able to negotiate when to start even though they then informed me they will not be able to get me start by the original date the project requires due to still needing to run conflict and background checks on me.