FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

OCFO Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Some tricky questions about financial statements but overall a nice firm with good people, superday was really nice. On-Campus interview was behavioral and relaxed after submitting resume with a cover letter.

Entry Level Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was through my campus career center. I applied through my university and heard back within a few weeks. I could not make the on campus interview so I rescheduled for a phone interview. The interview was about 20 minutes and very easy! They asked me about my resume, my involvement on campus, projects I have done in school, past work experience and teamwork based projects. They were great to speak with and easy to talk to. I did not feel nervous, so do not be nervous. They also asked me about the company so be prepared to talk about the company and their values!

Interview Questions

• Teamwork and leadership experience and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute on campus interview with FTI Consulting. It turned out to be entirely a behavioral interview, with no case components. The interview had overall pretty basic questions such as a rundown of my resume and the basic why consulting and why FTI questions. Brief and simple.

Core Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two skype interviews back to back with a senior associate and manager. FTI recruits on my campus. One interview was mostly behavioral, asked how my past internships fit into job, leadership style etc. Other interview was more difficult, asked me to explain a company in detail (profits, how much it is worth, distribution channels etc) also asked to explain how I would address net working capital issues.

Interview Questions

• Choose any company and tell me how they make money and how much you think they are worth.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting, Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college and got selected for the first round of phone interview. First round was behavioral. They asked me question about leadership role and teamwork. Second round was face to face at their Times Square office. It was more behavioral type and they asked questions from my resume. It was 1:1 and 3 people took my interview. Overall interview was easy and relaxed.

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had on campus interviews, one was a 1v1 and one was a 2v1, then got a final round which was in their office in Boston and was like 6 30 minute interviews with all of their SMDs, and then a group case study and presentation on the zoots refinancing case. We had to submit a written case analysis prior to this on the question of whether or not you would invest in this company.

Interview Questions

• what would your friends say is the best and worst quality about you   Answer Question

SummerOffice of Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on my university's portal, and got this 1st round interview. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview at UVa's career services center. The interviewer is very nice. The questions are fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• If you have 2000 unread emails and you only have 3 hours to reply, how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I met someone during our university career fair and then applied online. FTI does really cool work, and they are very selective. For health solutions, they interviewed 15 people for 1 spot. The interview was on-campus. It was all behavioral, though the scenario questions were very specific. For example, not just tell me about a time you dealt with conflict, tell me about a time you were on a team and there was a disagreement and how you resolved the conflict.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2015.

Interview

I applied via on-campus recruiting and was brought in for a 30 minute behavioral interview. The analyst (or it might have been a director) was friendly and the interview was very laid back. I was not invited back for second rounds in the Chicago office, but my interview was by no means a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why you as opposed to someone else?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Not too hard. I interviewed with three managing directors all about a half hour to forty-five minutes in length. Asked basic questions like how does your education/experience prepare you for this role? A number of questions revolved around excel and math skills.