FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 25, 2017

206 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One of the worst processes I've ever been a part of; it assured me I do not want to work here with in the Health Solution group.

Further more, screw this company. Based on my interview experience, they want to hire excel jockeys to put someone behind a computer to run excel spreadsheets all day. I'm very glad I didn't get an offer but really wish they didn't so inconsiderately and disrespectfully waste my time in the interview process I spent a colossal amount time of a week trying to figure out some functions on a stupid excel spreadsheet, which I had no prior experience with.

This was one of those interview processes where I remember the names of the people who interviewed me so that down the road I can screw them over if I get the chance.

Interview Questions

• There was an excel "case" study test that required knowledge of apparently the VBlookup function and a couple other ones to make sense of a spreadsheet. This is your typical mindless interview test since this is a very easy skill to pick up on the job. Further more, the fact that this was the test led me to believe the company really wants to hire excel jockeys first and foremost.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied online, the process took a week? I interviewed at FTI consulting (Seattle, WA). On campus interview, 1:1. They mostly asked about my resume, and technical questions only (no behavior question) based on your resume. Ex., what is JSON, difference between private and protected? example of relational database design

Interview Questions

• What is the concept of OOPS   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First they brought about 10 of us into a conference room to give us a run-down of what the company does, what its main product is, and the type of stuff we might be working on. We then took a break to eat lunch with some of the employees and got to know them. Afterwards everyone being interviewed was assigned 2 employees who did the actual "interview" part. Questions were largely behavioral with a couple minor technical questions thrown in. The entire process was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What kind of workplace environment/atmosphere best works for you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services office and participated in an on campus interview. There were mostly behavioral questions and explaining experiences on my resume. They were interested in experiences I had working with data, teamwork, and problem solving.

Performance Improvement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

The first round interview was very conversational and on campus. There were a few market sizing questions but nothing very challenging.

The second round at FTI where there was a group case study and 3 behavioral interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• How many pizzas are eaten in a month in the U.S.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions. Asked a lot of questions about past internships and which companies I follow.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the cash-flow-convergence cycle?   Answer Question

Health Solutions Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2016.

Interview

Sent in resume through the university career website. There was a pre-night dinner/event the night before the on-campus interview so you can meet your interviewer and know more about the position. On-campus interview was with one of the Directors of Health Solutions Analytics team. Went through my resume. Passed the on-campus interview and a excel assignment was send to me to complete. I went to the office interview. 3 interviews with directors. 2 interviews focused on your experience with financial data and what your experience is with it. 1 interview focused on behavioral questions. Then there was 1 causal Q&A with consultants who have been hired recently. Also, went to lunch with a senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What experience do you have with Excel, SQL, Access?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Bloomington, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

First few minutes were very conversational, we spoke about some of the conversations we had from the pre-interview dinner the night before. Next the interviewer went through a couple of experiences on my resume and asked for me to respond to certain questions about them. Next were a couple of behavioral questions followed by one case question at the end.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask if you wanted to project the future sales for a client's project?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional, and I was treated with respect. I met with different people and I though the interviews went well. It seemed to me that FTI would have been a great company to work for.
    I suspect I did not get a job offer because of lack of lack of experience in the specific tasks they perform as well as salary requirements. However, the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about background, experience and technical aspects.   Answer Question

FEDA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral interview. Second round was at their office and involved three behavioral interviews followed by lunch. The second round interviews were with employees on the team that I would be joining, as well as their supervisor. I heard back from then within the next week.

Interview Questions

• What three historical figures would you have dinner with?   Answer Question