FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

it is relatively easy and one day interview, the all interview was on 1 to 1 person, the all interview process was taken only one day about 3 hours. first, with floor manager, senior manager and company partner, each interview was takes about 1 hour process

Interview Questions

• what is most require skill for manager   1 Answer

Attorrney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Round table with other applicants. More of a get to know you than an interview, It was dun though hearing what everyone else had been through that was also applying for the multiple positions that were being offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something fun about yourself.   1 Answer

Discovery Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 8 candidates in one room, with the person in charge of hiring randomly asking one question of a person at a time, with a vague attempt at continuity of conversation. When it came time, I asked a series of direct questions which. The answers left a little ambiguity as she "wasn't sure", but she seemed quite confident in them nonetheless. These answers were patently false. As an example, I asked a simple question about whether cell phones were allowed in review rooms, and I was told that yes, they were allowed. On the first day of the project, we were informed that by company policy no phones were allowed in any reviews at all. Aside from the policy being unprofessional, as we were constantly watched over, the interview process was completely misleading, showing the true nature of how they operate

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The telephone is very brief, and was shortlisted to next stage at the end of the day. But then after the online test, I tried to contact HR many times, but there was no reply. I have not received any result yet.

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Through campus recruiting, it was a simple process and application accompanied by a pre-night and then the interview. The interviewer made me feel that I would move on to the next step in the process. Then after two weeks I finally got a reply that they weren't interested.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview three days after a telephone interview. There were two interviewers. Both were kind. The interview included mostly behaviour questions. The interviewers were interested in knowing my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      What is your expected salary?
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Questions

• Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers.
    I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions.
    The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview.
    I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them.
    FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Senior Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the company and had several interviews. I found the employees of the company to be intelligent and engaged. The physical office spaces I visited were professional, albeit a bit tired. In the end, I did not choose to pursue employment with the firm because they did not have a strong enough footing in my practice area and several of my existing clients were hesitant about my going to the firm. Nevertheless, if FTI were more visible in my practice area, I likely would have tried to make the move.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to New York if we paid for the move and provided an apartment for the duration of your employment?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Annapolis, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

A recruiter phone screen me and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Has a short phone screening with hiring manager and was invited for an in person interview with a director and manager. Was short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiate phase was simple. I gave a number I wanted and they agreed to it