FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Typical with pre-set questions - very reasonable and provided next step conclusion. Had 3 back to back to back interviews which concluded with a lunch time interview. Recruiter managed the entire process remotely

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume on Linkedin, received an email after few days, an phone interview was arranged. During the phone interview, was asked few questions, introducing yourself, why FTI, etc... After finishing the interview, the interviewee said that feedback and further notice will be given later.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was low key, not difficult.They did not ask many questions. No technical testing or Quiz. Duration was overall short, only two meetings needed in addition to phone screening.

Director, Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter was easy and focused on background and career transition questions. I had to follow-up and call in as the recruiter was slow to schedule after initial email and then forgot the time we had agreed to. The position and market served was described well. Interviewer said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager for a phone follow-up interview. Haven't heard back in over a week yet.

Interview Questions

• What restructuring/corporate finance skills are you using in your current position that you would be using at the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Tax Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The telephone is very brief, and was shortlisted to next stage at the end of the day. But then after the online test, I tried to contact HR many times, but there was no reply. I have not received any result yet.

Discovery Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 8 candidates in one room, with the person in charge of hiring randomly asking one question of a person at a time, with a vague attempt at continuity of conversation. When it came time, I asked a series of direct questions which. The answers left a little ambiguity as she "wasn't sure", but she seemed quite confident in them nonetheless. These answers were patently false. As an example, I asked a simple question about whether cell phones were allowed in review rooms, and I was told that yes, they were allowed. On the first day of the project, we were informed that by company policy no phones were allowed in any reviews at all. Aside from the policy being unprofessional, as we were constantly watched over, the interview process was completely misleading, showing the true nature of how they operate

Attorrney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Round table with other applicants. More of a get to know you than an interview, It was dun though hearing what everyone else had been through that was also applying for the multiple positions that were being offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something fun about yourself.   1 Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application (cover letter and resume) then two face to face interviews and a short quiz. Interviews were easy, just know your cover letter and resume well. Short quiz involved numerical questions and a written test.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute on-campus interview. If selected, the candidate then moves onto the office interviews. The office interview was 3-4 hours long and included a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Some technical questions about financial statements.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very long process as there are many rounds of interviews but the questions are straightforward and reasonable. You are likely to meet with all levels if you are a junior applicant, so you have an opportunity to speak to peers as well as those who you will report to. The interviewers tend to really focus on how your skill set and past experiences make you a good fit for the position. You shouldn't expect to get any of those pointless personality questions like "if you were a crayon, which color would you be?" Typically, if the team thinks you're a good fit, you'll know pretty soon after your interviews if you've got the job.