FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Geneva, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview with alumni. Easy-going and relaxing process. Behavioral questions such as how I see leadership, resolve conflicts and group work. And also about my resume. Great experience to know about their company and having an interview.

Financial Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the first round interview process.

Firstly, we had to complete a math and verbal test. The math test was pretty hard since it was really long. The verbal one was very similar to the GMAT, but it includes also a text summary.

After that, there was a case study related to the introduction of a lottery in a country. There are a lot of data and not enough time to analyze everything, so you should focus on the final question and quantify your proposal.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to pitch our proposal.   1 Answer

Graduate Consultants, Economic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took more than 1 month before I received email invitation to assessment center. The assessment center consist of 4 parts: 1 30-min numerical test (it was not difficult, just simple addition and multiplication, but the time was limited and it was hard to finish on time), 1 30-min verbal test (it was more likely a GMAT format verbal tests, but quite difficult, and the time was so limited that you cannot finish all of them), 1 30-min interview with junior and senior consultants (CV-based, and the interviewers were very kind), 1 60-min writing test (summarize an article). The result has not come out yet, and there will be another round of interview with senior management if passing the first round.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my CV and cover letter through the online application on their website, then was invited to an assessment day where I visited their offices and took three different timed tests. After getting through that stage, I took part in a group case study exercise where we had to research a company and present our ideas to the others.

Interview Questions

• A number of tests, followed by a case study group exercise   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round written test. Math is like SHL full length practice test. It is so hard to finish all questions in time. The 2nd round is case presentation but I failed to make it.

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the younger analysts at a career fair and they referred me for a first round interview. First round interview was 30 mins long on campus. The director of the FEDA group conducts the interviews so that he can see if you're someone he would want to work with. He asked exclusively about the information on my cover letter. The next week they send you a take home case study. The night before the super day interview, you go to a mixer with the company in the city and get to meet all of the FEDA employees. I think they are really looking for fit and how you get along with people on the team. The super day interview consisted of 4 interviews. One about your background/resume, one which is behavioral (and a short technical case study), one that is situational, and the last one is company fit. I didn't end up getting an offer, but I can't say enough good things about the people and the process! They all seem incredibly nice and great to work with. Seems like an awesome company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was about profits from opening a new in-and-out in the city.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for the first round (2 30mins behavioral interviews with MDs). Made it to the super day where I had two behavioral interviews, one technical interview, and one case. Then after the interviews, all the super day interviewees went to lunch. There were about 20 of us and about 7 employees.

Interview Questions

• What are they types of projects we work on in this department?   1 Answer

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple. First round interviews are either a half-hour phone call or half-hour on campus interview. Within three days they get back to you to tell you if you made it to SuperDay, which is held at their office. I had three straight interviews with three members of senior staff. Almost all behavioral questions, some technical and depending on who you get, you may have a quick case. They look for people who are not only knowledgeable, but also personable and honest.

They got back to me within a week with my offer. Overall, amazing experience. Everyone there loves their jobs and are very kind and supportive!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. There were two behavioral interviews that were both very conversational. Both interviewers had been with the company for 9 and 13 years, which spoke volumes to me about the internal culture. They seemed smart and amicable and it was an easy conversation.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about experience working with data and skills developed from that.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.