FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied on University career site, got interview as I was initially an alternate. One case interview and one behavioral. The case interview began with requiring you to briefly run through your background and resume. The behavioral interview was basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, how others perceive you.

Interview Questions

• Fast food restaurant has been local market sales leader for 10 years. This past year, two new restaurants came into the market and bumped down your profits.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email the day after I submitted my application on their website. The email requested an interview the very afternoon due to the urgency of the project. The interviewer was very helpful and accommodating and was able to work with my schedule and reschedule a phone interview for the next day. The interview was on time, and very informative. It lasted less than half an hour and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What got you interested in the field of Document Review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They pay a flat rate. I was able to negotiate when to start even though they then informed me they will not be able to get me start by the original date the project requires due to still needing to run conflict and background checks on me.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was referred by a former coworker for the job. The process took 3 months, 5 phone interviews and a final in-person interview with 4 senior management members. Due to the length of time, it was a frustrating interview process. Very inefficient, despite the fact that each company employee I spoke with or met was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions, case interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Conducted two one to one interviews on campus for the Senior Strategy Consultant position. FTI conducted two behavioral interviews with two different people, from the Managing Director level. The interview mostly covered your past background and experiences. One interview was very fast paced while the other went a bit slower.

It seemed like they were attempting to ensure everything was accurate, with them trying to poke any holes in your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe exactly how your prior supervisor would describe you. What critical things would they say?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

A 30-min on campus short interview. The interviewer was friendly and answered my questions about the company. It was a pleasure experience although I did not get the offer. He asked me to introduce myself and went straight up to case questions. They look for problem solver with analytical mindset.

Interview Questions

• What method would you use to pick out employees who create fake employee files and take their salaries?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a second round interview about a week and a half after my first interview. I went into the office for 4, 30 minutes interviews. They were very straight forward and wanted to make sure I understood the job description and was fit for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for the first round (2 30mins behavioral interviews with MDs). Made it to the super day where I had two behavioral interviews, one technical interview, and one case. Then after the interviews, all the super day interviewees went to lunch. There were about 20 of us and about 7 employees.

Interview Questions

• What are they types of projects we work on in this department?   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive, intensive, detailed, the interview process made me respect the company for the high standards it required to be hired. But this was also a frustrating process of talking to an extraordinary number of people over a six month process. Nonetheless, this turned out to be one of the best jobs I have ever had. I recommend FTI Consulting highly.

Interview Questions

• What was my background in the relevant industries?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus first (and only) round interview with two senior members of the firm. The interview was almost exclusively behavioral. The questions were designed to gauge analytical skills and thinking. Offer was extended shortly after the on-campus interview and sufficient time was provided to respond.

Interview Questions

• Take a technical concept that you understand and explain it to me as if I did not know it at all   Answer Question