FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Interview

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Questions

• Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Questions

• The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview

Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant, London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

After submitting CV and Cover Letter I was invited to a 'first assessment day' - I am yet to find out if I'm through to the second.
    First Day assessment Centre:
    -A numerical test that is designed by them - not like GMAT format. 26 questions in 30 minutes that were difficult! Just try to be as fast as possible - the best ability to have due to time restrictions is ability to estimate effectively.
    -A verbal reasoning test that is very much the same as GMAT format.
    -A Group Exercise about introducing a lottery operator to a highly developed country. You are certainly guided through this and your group will consist of three people. The best advice is - start crunching the figures and numbers from the beginning. First you are given facts and figures about the cities of this country and chances of a lottery&advertising figures - why the government would want to introduce a lottery etc. You are asked to give the three main objectives you would have for an operator before you are given the figures of a hypothetical operator and you have to present in 5 minutes why you think this operator is best.
    -Written test: Had to summarise 2 pages on cigarettes becoming a form of currency in PoWs.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview

Group interview
    two 1:1 interviews with a consultant and a managing director
    1 task to complete (financial data analysis, excel, etc)

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview

I met with 2 individuals who asked me many questions. I felt the interview was thourough and I had plenty of time to express my accomplishments