FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2011.

Interview

The senior consultant interviewed me. His phone was breaking out. I did not get him very clearly. He sounds nice. There wasn't much professional or difficult questions. He kept telling his own stories. I don't think they need people urgently.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was called into the office to conduct 4 1:1 interviews that each took 30 minutes each. I was asked simple questions about my background, resume, and experiences. I was also given a couple brain teaser questions to test my analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you finance internship? What did you do/learn during this experience?   Answer Question
    • How many gallons of water are there in the great lakes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

Referred through agency in New York. Project manager called for phone interview. Hired me during that conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two consultants from the local branch (4 interviewers total). One interviewer was an analyst and the other was a senior consultant or director. All behavioral questions and really laid back interviewers. I felt very comfortable considering it was my first interview

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you have made, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Got through the resume screen and then had 2-30 minute interviews with mid-upper level members of FTI Consulting

Interview Questions

• None, know why consulting, why FTI and the industry you're interviewing for   Answer Question

Interview

Sent off CV and Covering Letter, then had a telephone interview, was personal questions mainly nothing difficult, few questions about the company, who their competitors are. lasted 30 minutes, got told I had a 2 week position within the week

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just read up on the company and have some 'give me a time when you...' prepared, make them a bit interesting and show that you took ownership of a task   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Consultant (Restructuring Group) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the Restructuring team while at school by phone without having applied to the job. They invited me to dinner, having found my resume on my college Career Center's website. At dinner we had the opportunity to meet some of the members of the Restructuring team, hear a little bit about the work, and begin to forge relationships with the group. After the dinner, I officially applied for the position through the Career Center's website at my University.

I was then contacted shortly after asking me to interview on campus. The interview was very calm and natural, essentially walk me through your resume, but also asking two standard financial statement questions (If AP goes down, what happens to cash? If depreciation decreases, what happens to EBIT?)

Shortly after the interview I was contacted again by the company asking me to come in for an office visit, with three other applicants. They took us out for dinner in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet with and learn about some members of the Restructuring group and what work they do. After that there was a social with all FTI applicants across all departments of FTI where there was additional opportunity to meet FTI employees and learn about the company and its culture.

The next morning was the office visit. It began with a presentation about the firm. After that were three interviews with different members of the Restructuring team. These again were essentially behavioral interviews with one or two basic questions about the financial statements. There was one interview that incorporated a standard consulting brain teaser (How many nuclear warheads exist in the world today?) but it was only to see how the thought process occurred and the answer was not overly relevant.

Finally they took us out to lunch in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet members of the Restructuring group. The group's culture was easily determinable from all the networking opportunities, and it was clear that fit was the most important part of the interviewing process, as almost every member of the restructuring team was able to spend meaningful time with all of the applicants.

After lunch there was additional time before the Official HR closing which included all the applicants across all business units, so we had an additional interview with the fourth interviewer. Again the structure of this interview was behavioral with one or two technical financial statement questions. (If you were assigned to a company that was nearing bankruptcy, how would you first check their current financial stays?) -- This question was less cut and dry and more difficult, but again it was more of a thought process question as opposed to an answer based question.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.