FTI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very long process as there are many rounds of interviews but the questions are straightforward and reasonable. You are likely to meet with all levels if you are a junior applicant, so you have an opportunity to speak to peers as well as those who you will report to. The interviewers tend to really focus on how your skill set and past experiences make you a good fit for the position. You shouldn't expect to get any of those pointless personality questions like "if you were a crayon, which color would you be?" Typically, if the team thinks you're a good fit, you'll know pretty soon after your interviews if you've got the job.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a general screening phone interview, a second phone interview with a supervisor, and then a three hour in person interview. This included a 45 minute presentation of my portfolio to a panel of several people and three individual interview sessions with different people on the team.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that is well designed. How would you improve up on this?   Answer Question

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Williamsburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal and heard back about an interview within the week. The interview was two ~30 minute, one-on-one interviews with directors. I received my offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that we should know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

it is relatively easy and one day interview, the all interview was on 1 to 1 person, the all interview process was taken only one day about 3 hours. first, with floor manager, senior manager and company partner, each interview was takes about 1 hour process

Interview Questions

• what is most require skill for manager   1 Answer

Associate Corporate Finance and Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

There are two panels interviewing me. The questions mainly evolve around my past working experience and the duties of the position I applied. They are very nice and it is more like a friendly chat rather than a formal interview

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One of the worst processes I've ever been a part of; it assured me I do not want to work here with in the Health Solution group.

Further more, screw this company. Based on my interview experience, they want to hire excel jockeys to put someone behind a computer to run excel spreadsheets all day. I'm very glad I didn't get an offer but really wish they didn't so inconsiderately and disrespectfully waste my time in the interview process I spent a colossal amount time of a week trying to figure out some functions on a stupid excel spreadsheet, which I had no prior experience with.

This was one of those interview processes where I remember the names of the people who interviewed me so that down the road I can screw them over if I get the chance.

Interview Questions

• There was an excel "case" study test that required knowledge of apparently the VBlookup function and a couple other ones to make sense of a spreadsheet. This is your typical mindless interview test since this is a very easy skill to pick up on the job. Further more, the fact that this was the test led me to believe the company really wants to hire excel jockeys first and foremost.   1 Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2015.

Interview

The process similar to other processes. You start from online application, where you need to upload your cv and cover letter. Then, if you are successful, you are invited for 2 tests (numerical and verbal), where you don't have time to complete. And after that you are divided into teams, where you have to work together on 1 project. After that you have 30 min to read text and write a short review on it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Century City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter sets up a phone interview (30 - 45 minutes). If you pass, then the face-to-face. I interviewed with 4 managers. 2 the first time and 2 the second time around. It was a normal process, expect one manager cussed during the interview. That did not impress me. I should have read the signs about the office and the culture.

Interview Questions

• The main question they all asked, was if I was able to get along with different and difficult personalities. Uh, another sign.   1 Answer