FTI Consulting Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.9

FEDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Run through if the resume. Generally nice conversation. Wanted to see if you're fit for the position during first round of interviews. A few technical questions during the second round of interviews in which they took you to there office and passed on a line of constant interviews with particular employers there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview for 30 minutes. It was a terrible experience - interviewer showed up late, had not really seen my resume beforehand, wasted time asking arbitrary questions, kept his sunglasses on his forehead. I don't think he had interviewed many people before; had his iPad open and was reading off questions. Lastly, they followed up almost a month later and sent me an email addressed to the wrong person.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about finance. Asked how I would value Disney as a company and what an appropriate annual growth rate is for them.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Went pretty well, they were very nice and asked a lot of behavioral questions that helped give background to myself. They were very interested in my background and seemed to be engaged throughout the whole interview. Unfortunately, I was unable to secure a offer but overall it was a pretty great experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Century City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter sets up a phone interview (30 - 45 minutes). If you pass, then the face-to-face. I interviewed with 4 managers. 2 the first time and 2 the second time around. It was a normal process, expect one manager cussed during the interview. That did not impress me. I should have read the signs about the office and the culture.

Interview Questions

• The main question they all asked, was if I was able to get along with different and difficult personalities. Uh, another sign.   1 Answer

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly no behavioral questions at all. They tried to see how I handled pressure by asking me VERY technical questions, despite knowing that my finance experience was very limited. They also tried to make me nervous by asking me a couple of questions in Spanish (so be aware of what you put on your resume).

Interview Questions

• Very specific technical questions (ex. specifics about FCF growth percentage in Gordon Growth method)   Answer Question

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Valuations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through one round of interview with a managing director. I was expecting it to be very behaviroal based (due to the other glassdoor post), but it was all technical. I don't think we touched my resume at all. It was full of brainteasers and technical questions. It seemed like the interviewer was testing how I could cope in a stressful situation. Overall, it felt more like a banking question.

Interview Questions

• Give me five uses for a brick. (very time pressured)   1 Answer

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions

• Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A