FTI Consulting Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for 30 minutes with an alumni consultant. The interview was more of a conversation about my projects and interests. Second step is a super day in NYC.

OCFO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard first-round on-campus interview with two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Very conversational and behavioral. The super day was 3 weeks after the first round. It consisted of a networking dinner the evening before and 4 back-to-back interviews and a written case. They were more technical than first-round interviews, but still very conversational. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy working with other members of the group.

Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple. First round interviews are either a half-hour phone call or half-hour on campus interview. Within three days they get back to you to tell you if you made it to SuperDay, which is held at their office. I had three straight interviews with three members of senior staff. Almost all behavioral questions, some technical and depending on who you get, you may have a quick case. They look for people who are not only knowledgeable, but also personable and honest.

They got back to me within a week with my offer. Overall, amazing experience. Everyone there loves their jobs and are very kind and supportive!

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with a mix of basic accounting questions and behavior type questions. The SuperDay occurred a week after my call. The morning consisted of back-to-back behavioral/technical interviews, followed by a group lunch, concluding with a difficult computer assessment.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spent three full days jumping through hoops, meeting employees from all levels of the company; taking and passing a test that they said 85% applicants fail. Listened to snide comments about my employer and just general chest puffing about how great FTI is and how much better they are than the rest. Didn't receive an offer because of salary, something that was discussed before the hoop jumping and was told would be 'no problem' (part of the chest puffing I could only assume).
    Do yourself a favor, see how often ads come up for entry level positions and you'll see it's a revolving door over there.

Interview Questions

• take a test - basically go through documents related to a case and identify what you'd report to a client.   Answer Question

Restucturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus and received an interview. Was two back to back 30 minute interviews. First interview was with an MD who insisted I sit as far away from him as possible in a seat facing the other direction. Asked irrelevant questions such as what jobs my parents and siblings had. Second interview was with two younger associates and was more case/technical based.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited capital what business would you make   Answer Question

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Through campus recruiting, it was a simple process and application accompanied by a pre-night and then the interview. The interviewer made me feel that I would move on to the next step in the process. Then after two weeks I finally got a reply that they weren't interested.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email shortly after setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was typical HR interview. Then received email to schedule phone interview with one of the heads of the firm. Interview was behavioral and informative. Shortly after scheduled in person interview. Met with 4 people in the firm talked about my work experiences etc. Then had another phone interview with another head of the firm a few days later.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone call from HR representative regarding the position with basic point such as my current position, why I am looking for a new job etc. There was then an in person interview with a senior manager, a partner, an a person of the same hiring level.

BEWARNED: This company brought me in the door for a particular role, asking me for a particular set of skills at a particular experience level and then literally without telling me changed the role to an intern (over 3 years lower than my experience level). It was very clear that they simply wanted hands working and would likely start rolling heads after tax season with that very bait-and-switch like tactic where I honestly felt deceived that I came in to this interview. They promised that all full-time employees start at this "intern" level and that there is nothing I can do if I want the job. It was safe to say I was frankly disgusted with the professionalism of this firm and voiced my opinion to the partner who told me "this is how we do things" Well obviously after feeling so deceived I honestly wasn't even interested in the job after 5 minutes in that process and seemed to show that fairly well as they did not even attempt to contact me afterward.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on my school job board. Had a 2 part interview at school, behavioral and technical. Made it to final round in NYC in which I was interviewed by 3 people and had to do a written case.