FTI Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Format - very easy, just providing examples from your work experiences. Recruiter was very informed and was able to answer all of my questions. The first interview was over the phone with corporate recruiting, and the second interview was conducted by the group manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you were part of a dysfunctional group? How did you meet your Objective?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by in-person interviews in Chicago. The first call was a HR screening, followed by calls with the managing directors and a team lead. Because the bulk of the company's project management team sits in Chicago, I spent half a day interviewing with the rest of the team there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult client, and if so, how did you deal with him or her?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical. They were willing to meet my reasonable requests for a higher starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward, a phone interview to qualify, and then three in person interviews, one being a group format. The questions were very standard interview questions, nothing that would surprise someone who was prepared.

I was a bit under qualified, and had made this concern known to the HR guy, but he still encouraged me to press on. That said, I felt like all the interviews focused on my experience (as they should) and questioned whether I was qualified. All good except for they knew this going in, so guess I questioned whether I should have been there in the first place. So my only complaint is that he HR guy was too eager for me to interview, whether than figure out if I'm actually right for the job.

Interview Questions

• What specifically about your previous work experience qualifies your for the role of project manager?   Answer Question