FTI Consulting Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the younger analysts at a career fair and they referred me for a first round interview. First round interview was 30 mins long on campus. The director of the FEDA group conducts the interviews so that he can see if you're someone he would want to work with. He asked exclusively about the information on my cover letter. The next week they send you a take home case study. The night before the super day interview, you go to a mixer with the company in the city and get to meet all of the FEDA employees. I think they are really looking for fit and how you get along with people on the team. The super day interview consisted of 4 interviews. One about your background/resume, one which is behavioral (and a short technical case study), one that is situational, and the last one is company fit. I didn't end up getting an offer, but I can't say enough good things about the people and the process! They all seem incredibly nice and great to work with. Seems like an awesome company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was about profits from opening a new in-and-out in the city.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied via a public posting, and was contacted three weeks later. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I found that I was rejected due to a lack of experience in a certain area, which I did have experience in. When I asked for clarification they claimed I just did not explicitly say it.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, what I did, what type of experience I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus with FTI Consulting. The interview was nothing special, but I had a very engaging conversation with my interviewer. She asked me to go through my resume with her and then asked a series of behavioral questions. It was particularly interesting because she had only been with the company for about a month and a half, and had just left Deloitte for FTI.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Behavioral questions with case study depending on which practice group you are applying to; general questions about your background and experience followed by a group case study. You have to do a group presentation with your teammates who are also interviewing for the same position. The interviewers will then ask a few questions based on the content of the presentation. Some simple calculations may be required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview that was around 45 minutes or so. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked me about a lot of my experiences, why I wanted to apply to FTI consulting, what other jobs I was applying to, etc. The whole interview process was relaxed and there weren't many technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer went through my transcript and asked me why I got Bs in the classes that I did.   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

One on one campus interview with managing director. Very nice guy who did most of the talking. Wasn't sure if he was looking for me to take control of the interview. Interview seemed a little casual as we discussed things like travel and cultures and economics. He spent some time describing how selective they were. He asked me what I knew about the position, my background, and why I waited so long to apply.

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter on University recruiting website and interviewed on campus with the partner of the FEDA team. Got a phone call the next day for a second interview the following week at the San Francisco office. Met with the FEDA team the night before the actual interviews for a Happy Hour social event to get to know the people better. Went through 3 rounds of 30-minute interviews the next day; 1 technical, 1 behavioral, and 1 for company fit. The people that I met was really great and I really enjoyed the company culture so I was very sad that I wasn't able to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken Stats before? If so, can you tell me what a p-value is?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze something.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st Round
    1. Case: You have 3 communications groups: Big-box, mid-size, black market. How would each of
    the groups be affected if a new law passes that penalizes groups that conduct in unbusiness-like
    practices. This law penalizes any company that breaks the agreement signed by the big box and
    mid size companies, but not the black market. How does this affect market share? How does
    this affect sales? How would you measure the change in share, and capture of the market. Draw
    a graph of the change in market size that you believe will happen.
    2. You are given an excel spreadsheet, and the interviewer asks you to go through line item by line
    item and analyze the data and what the spreadsheet means.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

I met with 2 other analyst and 3 senior staff members. Interview consists of a case study to test your qualitative and quantitative skills