FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FTI Consulting

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in May 2019.

Interview

7 rounds of interviews (after the phone screen!) - 3 on the phone before 4 separate in the office. (They definitely should have combined the office interviews. Several people were not prepared and were asking the same questions as everyone else or were looking at the resume the first time during the meeting.)

Interview Questions

• Why FTI (specifically)?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • How would you say that you are detailed?   Answer Question
  • Describe what experiences you have that would make you good in this role?   Answer Question
  • We have two departments (X and Y) -- which one do you fit into? (Without really telling you enough about those two departments.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I had around 6 phone interviews where I thoroughly discussed past project experience. I spoke with several Senior Directors who described the position and benefits as well as the history of FTI Consulting.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

They try to get the interview process done in one shot that takes a few hours with several parties of varying ranks. One after another. There is little coordination so questions may be repetitive but the purpose is more does this person fit rather than can they do the job.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by multiple in person interviews. Standard behavioral questions. I need thirty words, how many words is this. I am almost at thirty words now. Is this thirty words?

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This company has no respect for others time. I had several interviews lined up on this particular day and the person I was supposed to be meeting with had me waiting over 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does FTI stand for in my opinion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions

• if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions

• Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions

• Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.