FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional, and I was treated with respect. I met with different people and I though the interviews went well. It seemed to me that FTI would have been a great company to work for.
I suspect I did not get a job offer because of lack of lack of experience in the specific tasks they perform as well as salary requirements. However, the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about background, experience and technical aspects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Conducted two one to one interviews on campus for the Senior Strategy Consultant position. FTI conducted two behavioral interviews with two different people, from the Managing Director level. The interview mostly covered your past background and experiences. One interview was very fast paced while the other went a bit slower.

It seemed like they were attempting to ensure everything was accurate, with them trying to poke any holes in your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe exactly how your prior supervisor would describe you. What critical things would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Brentwood, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a quick phone screening, I was asked to complete a skills assessment which was logic/theory based (super easy). After completing that, I heard back from the recruiter about a week and a half later. Had a phone interview with the SMD, it went well and they said the recruiter would contact me about coordinating an onsite interview. About a month later we finally met. Interviewed with 4 different people on site. It didn't feel like an interview at all - it went really well. Didn't hear back for about a month, then was given a verbal offer by the recruiter. Took about another week to get that in writing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't expect anything. The recruiter contacted me after a week and scheduled a phone interview. During the phone screening, I led the whole talk. I think I was very persuasive and did a good job. At the end, the recruiter said I had an very impressive experience and he would send my information to hiring manager and get back to me as soon as possible. And I never heard from him any more. I sent a follow up letter after 10 days, still no reply.

Interview Questions

• Why did you left that company?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email later that day asking to set up a call with someone from human resources. We spoke for about 25 minutes and it was not anything difficult and there were no trick questions or anything. He said he would follow up with me within a week and after 10 days I sent a follow up email and never got a response. It has been more than 2 months now and I still haven't heard back.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR recruiter, and interviewed with four managers. All managers were very nice, and provided good information about the position and company.

Interview process too a little longer than I expected. However, that could have also been due to the holidays in between.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions

• Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Reached out through email at first and scheduled call. Asked about my background in the industry and to talk about some of the jobs I worked on to basically see if I was qualified for the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging client on one of the jobs you worked on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.