FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Fairly relaxed as more of a conversation than really tough questions. 1st round cv based. 2nd round was a case study. 3rd round was another cv interview with 2 senior colleagues.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Was approached by their HR. Then, an interview with a Director followed. Later, was given a task to test my skills and at the same time scheduled to meet the partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional, and I was treated with respect. I met with different people and I though the interviews went well. It seemed to me that FTI would have been a great company to work for.
    I suspect I did not get a job offer because of lack of lack of experience in the specific tasks they perform as well as salary requirements. However, the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about background, experience and technical aspects.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Conducted two one to one interviews on campus for the Senior Strategy Consultant position. FTI conducted two behavioral interviews with two different people, from the Managing Director level. The interview mostly covered your past background and experiences. One interview was very fast paced while the other went a bit slower.

It seemed like they were attempting to ensure everything was accurate, with them trying to poke any holes in your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe exactly how your prior supervisor would describe you. What critical things would they say?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR recruiter, and interviewed with four managers. All managers were very nice, and provided good information about the position and company.

Interview process too a little longer than I expected. However, that could have also been due to the holidays in between.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Reached out through email at first and scheduled call. Asked about my background in the industry and to talk about some of the jobs I worked on to basically see if I was qualified for the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging client on one of the jobs you worked on   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2008.

Interview

The interview process was not very structured. Some interviewers had technical questions while others were probing to see if "I was a good guy".

Interview Questions

• Explain how the finanical statements are inter-related and which one would be the best one to choose if you only had an opportunity to view one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were channeled through HR which made it difficult to push past the initial offer. This may be a different experience for others as I was coming out of school to take this offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions

• Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions

• if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email later that day asking to set up a call with someone from human resources. We spoke for about 25 minutes and it was not anything difficult and there were no trick questions or anything. He said he would follow up with me within a week and after 10 days I sent a follow up email and never got a response. It has been more than 2 months now and I still haven't heard back.