FTI Consulting Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

FTI Consulting Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a person who couldn't take the time to listen to what I was saying. They interrupted me several times and were very impatient. Highly unprofessional. It made me not want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Not too hard. I interviewed with three managing directors all about a half hour to forty-five minutes in length. Asked basic questions like how does your education/experience prepare you for this role? A number of questions revolved around excel and math skills.

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was done over the telephone, and lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was short, and the caller was very friendly. We set an appointment by email. There was a lot of paperwork to fill outline, more so than other document review companies.

Interview Questions

• What type of document review projects have you worked on the past?   1 Answer

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions

• Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview with a recruiter, a meeting with 3 higher ups in office, and a phone interview.

The meeting with the three higher ups in the office also consisted of a test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was low key, not difficult.They did not ask many questions. No technical testing or Quiz. Duration was overall short, only two meetings needed in addition to phone screening.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

We had dinner with several people including other candidates the night before the interview. Everyone was either a marathon runner or a JMU graduate or both. They talked a mainly about past college football games. During the interview I was led around by one person to different offices. I met with 3 people total. The managers (2) asked more analytical questions about past work and how I would handle certain data situations while the partner (1) asked more personality questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given a question on how to deal with outlier observations in a categorical dataset. The interviewer was very stoic when asking questions. My answer was to flag it and follow up with the source to check the integrity of the data. But I think it would've been better to elaborate more.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

Referred through agency in New York. Project manager called for phone interview. Hired me during that conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.