Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTSE Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTSE Group in May 2011.

The whole process was driven by a recruiter who seemed decent and working closely with FTSE. There were 2 interviews within just a few days - they were in a hurry to close the deal. I met a technical person and a director. The director asked me about what split is, dividend and a few other terms from the financial terminology - so prepare to articulate what PE ration is etc. The recruiter did help in narrowing down the list and it was interesting to review that. The technical person asked me easy questions from .NET such as what is the difference between DataAdapter and DataSet/DataReader, how to optimize SQL query and similar.

Interview Questions

• What is a split?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between DataAdapter and DataSet/DataReader?   Answer Question
  • What happens to a company's equity when it pays dividend?   1 Answer

Did not negotiate - left it to the recruiter, received a good salary increase. Gave a prompt answer. If you are a technology person be aware that FTSE is not about technology. With 2 different camps in technology - a new department and an old one there is some friction and technology is generally and afterthought. Consider this, ask to what the environment is, to see where people work then make your decision. Good luck.