FUNimation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FUNimation

2.9

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FUNimation (Flower Mound, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I did not have to apply online since I did an internship at the company one summer, and my boss during my internship referred me to the CEO when I was approaching my graduation date. I was contacted via phone to schedule an interview with the higher-ups in the Marketing dept.

1. I had a phone interview about 3 weeks before my in-person interview.
    2. I was asked to come into the office for an in-person interview when I returned from college. I did that as soon as I finished college.
    3. I passed those interviews and was offered the job at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Share about a time when you had a difficult time with a coworker in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FUNimation (Flower Mound, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview which was very positive. Interviewer had a great personality and made me feel very comfortable. Afterwards was offered an in-person interview. Met in person with a few people on the production/financial side. Overall experience was pleasant and I had a great vibe. Felt very welcomed and valued. Was told I would receive an email no more than a week later regarding my offer but the email never came. I sent an email to the hiring department and never received a response. Emailed once again another week later for a follow-up and never received a response. Company discourages calling so it was pretty much an "I got the message" situation, handled poorly by their hiring department and the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths regarding team building?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FUNimation in February 2011.

Interview

Initial Communications were good. Phone interviews went well, easy get-to-know you kind of style. Then came in for the 1-on-1 interview, but first was given a skills test re: artwork and corrections you would make to some of their product/art...I guess I did alright on that part. During the interview portion, I felt like the position was already filled as I felt the interviewer was just going through the motions and half listening. Talked to HR and filled out their forms for a background check, etc. Then never heard from them again. 5 or 6 months later, I was called by HR regarding another position and when I came in I interviewed with 2 people for a newly formed position (after waiting a really LONG time.) Also never heard back from them but I did hear from a friend who worked there that they hired internally for that position.

Interview Questions

• ODD question - they confided that they are all geeks there, and asked if I was too...I said yes so as to conform to their culture (entirely ungeeky), and then they asked what was my dorkiest hobby was? Uhhhhh? I was stumped. I think I said I like to read. LOL. That was obviously not geeky enough to work there!! I blame it on that one year of cheer-leading, those geeks could smell it on me! ;-/   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FUNimation.

Interview

Overall about two months and 4 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

two emails back and forth.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FUNimation.

Interview

After some brief phone interviews I was invited to an in-person portfolio review followed by an in-person interview with HR and a tour of the FUNimation offices. The interview process was standard. Everyone was friendly during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything we could improve as an industry?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FUNimation (Flower Mound, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially I was contact for a phone interview. The employer was friendly and knowledgeable. Upon completion of my phone interview, I was invited back for an in-person interview and an assessment test. The building was really exciting to see, decorated with posters from shows that they license. The work stations are setup in cubicles - but the spaces itself is open and the departments are disconnected. Each cubicle was elaborately decorated with toys, posters and other collectible items. Being given a tour of the building is a really nice touch. After I spoke with the employer for a while, I performed my assessment. While still nervous, I feel like the environment makes it a lot easier to work in. Everyone at the company was friendly and unique. People are allowed to be themselves.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FUNimation in March 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for another position in December 2014, but never heard back after initial contact (never made it to an in-person interview, but was told they were going to schedule one when they went cold on me). I decided to try for another position I was equally as passionate about and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. Pretty standard. Said they liked me, so we scheduled an in-person interview. Several employees came to interview me. Also pretty standard, although I would have liked to have known it was not a 1:1 interview (HR never got back to me with specific details prior to the interview). I've contacted both HR and the interview staff since the interview, but no response (like before). Found out through an employee there that they hired someone else. Would loved to have been shown some professional courtesy. Just send me an e-mail and tell me you went another direction! Anything other than that is unprofessional and rude (and an easy way to burn bridges).

Subtitler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FUNimation (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

One phone call received. Called in for interview with the Manager where she discussed the position and you told her why you were interested in working for FUNimation. Great environment to walk through; I was immediately taken through and introduced to other employees during the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FUNimation.

Interview

Brief, to the point and standard interview process. They asked questions about my background in production, as well as general questions you'd get from any corporate job interview. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to genuinely care about the company and its employees. The process was very smooth and only took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: How much experience do you have in production?   2 Answers