FXCM Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initially met one of the managers during a presentation at school where I turned in my resume. What followed was a quick prescreen phone interview that lasted about 15-20 min. where they asked the most basic questions such as periodical I read, sources of information and my experience in investments.

I then had an appointment to interview in their San Francisco office with the same manager I meet. I was initially interviewed through a teleconference monitor by someone from Dallas and then the manager afterwards. Not really technical outside of testing your knowledge of current events and the global economy. It mostly surrounded behavioral questions and getting to know you personally (teamwork, initiative, communications.. etc). Altogether it took about 1 1/2 hours. The office was small although it had a pleasant atmosphere to it with all the co-workers appearing very friendly and down to earth. I got to meet a couple after the interview. I enjoyed the whole interview process as it was completed relatively quick and everyone was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what is going on in the global economy right now. (Both spent some time on this topic)   Answer Question
  • What do you not like to do in a job.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a situation where you were able to persuade someone. (emphasized this was a main job skill)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FXCM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to FXCM online and a few days later received an email to set up an interview. The phone interview was pretty basic, asking me questions about my resume, and my interest in FXCM and the foreign exchange market. I felt like it went well, but a few days later received an email saying that they had decided to pursue other candidates.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Melbourne office in June, the interviewer was quite friendly and I've been asked some general questions like tell me about yourself, how much do you know about FX market etc. Not much behavioural questions in the first round. And a week later I got an offer for the Second round interview on a video conference, mostly behavioural questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Interview

The first one is a group interview. Four of the interviewees are asked to introduce in Mandarin, then discuss "what are the key points for a successful customer service" in English.
    After that, I was asked to stay in the room while HR and a trading assistant came in. They asked me to answer in Cantonese why should people trade Forex instead of stocks today. Then some behavior questions.
    Then was the MD interview. Almost the same behavior questions. She also asked me about how FXCM reached corporate clients like HSBC (and I don't know).

After that, I was asked to come back again a week later for the final interview. Before the final interview, there was a typing test (simplified or traditional Chinese). The final interview also include some behavior questions. And questions about the forex market, why should people use FXCM platform (check the website and you'll get the answer), who are there competitors, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FXCM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2013.

Interview

Group interview - 4-5 candidats gather in a room to do a typing test ( simplied Chinese) then have a group discussion and presentation. Discussion and presentation questions are general.
    Sales and sales manager interview- asking work experience related question. Company knowledge and product knowledge.
    MD interview question - very specific questions on how to handle mass amount of clients enquires, company knowledge and stress handling skill.

Interview Questions

• MD interview question on giving a very specific answer to your previous related experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is very specific and non negotiable.