FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior FX Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

1 st Interview with human resource lasting only 3 minutes L O L
    2 nd Interview with the dealing team after 2 days I interviewed by human resource for half an hour

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Questions about the resume.   Answer Question

Client Ser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1st interview- Phone call with Recruiter from Texas office. She was very energetic. We didn't speak much she moved me to the 2nd interview on the phone.
    2nd Interview- In person interview in San Francisco, California office with Manager. He showed no emotion.
    3rd Interview- Phone call with Director of Client Services for United States

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, interview was wonderful but haven't received further notifications yet. But it was 3 days ago so anyway, lets see what will happen. I later did a research on glassdoor that usually people get the followup interview with 3 person in office. Would like to know how long does it take, since it's been 3 days from when I heard from the recruiter. I felt good and she told me there was one other candidate.

Interview Questions

• background and experiences, for me it was easy since I did forex trading before.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with FXCM and it was pretty strait forward. The lady on the other end was very nice. At first they asked me a lot about my self, what i was studying in school, as well as to walk them through my resume. They asked me about the current market and if i had any current investments. I told them yes and they followed up asking why i invested in them...

Interview Questions

• They asked if i had tried to make trades using the software they sent me.   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. First set of questions were based on intellect and knowledge of capital markets and FX. They will ask if you currently invest in stocks. Second set of questions were softer such as career objectives and reasons why choosing FXCM.

Interview Questions

• What techniques will the Fed use to combat inflation.   2 Answers

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

HR first calls for a phone screen with basic questions (why did you apply, your background), then met with with two other people for more intense questions (very friendly people) and then came back to meet with the director. They want to know how your background can relate and if you are able to retain a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about International Fraud laws or compliance with forex?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY).

Interview

I meet with a senior manager at a career fair at my University and he told me to email him my Resume and cover letter. Followed by that you will have a Phone interview in which they are only fishing for information such as salary, work experience, and background. Followed by that they reach out to your a one to one interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. The first two were over the phone. They asked similar questions, though I was warned to be better prepared for the second round. They were interested in my understanding of the company and its services, my experience with forex as a trader, and the market in general. The second interview was with a team lead at the regional office and it went very well. I was able to answer questions about my background and how my experience and future goals made me a good candidate, as well as real world examples of major economic trends that affect the forex market and how one might place trades based on these trends.

The last interview was in person at the Dallas/Plano office, except the both interviewers were in other cities and we conducted the interview through a web cam. It was basically the same interview back to back, both candidates asked roughly the same questions. I believe if I had more experience with the market, or had prepared better for materials related to the series 3 tests as well as expanded my awareness of the company's products and services, I would have been able to answer more confidently the interviewers questions. That said, it was a bit odd to meet people and try to relate to them remotely, and I believe I could have done a better job of getting positive confirmation - like saying "does that make sense?" or "does that answer your question?", because when the interviewer agrees, they reinforce the truth of it in their own minds. It was something that slipped my mind during the strange process, which would have helped a lot. Body language is the majority of communication, and in a web chat situation, where you can't even look someone in the eye, you might have to add verbal cues to enhance understanding.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of markets - offer real world examples and how trades might be placed based off of them.
      Of course understand the news with the Fed, then Eu situation, China situation, and all the "hot" topic current issues. As a reference, this interview was conducted in Oct. of 2015.
      Personal history, who I am, my experience, goals, why I would be suited for the job. Trading experience if applicable.
      Knowledge of the company - this seems to be a starting question with a lot of the interviews, so I would recommend sort of nailing down an answer that sounds good - concise, but something that you can expand upon knowledgeably if given the chance.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen by recruiter in late September the process took second step was a phone screen with the hiring manager which took 2 attempts and required me to reach out to FXCM to make the interview happen. Final interview was a week after this for a total of 4+ weeks. I thought overall that each interview was positive and was shocked that I did not receive an offer at the end. Despite the positive nature of these interactions I found FXCM to be quite unprofessional (calling/ walking in late, relying on me to contact them after they failed to call me, not terminating consideration earlier if they did not want to hire me). It is my hope that the hiring team will learn to treat its prospective hires with more respect in the future and not lead people on especially in an economy where jobs are hard to come by.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online and received a phone call within a week of applying. The phone interview was a breeze. About 15-20 minutes and just asking basic questions about your background and why you had applied and wanted to work there. Then the next step was to come in for a face to face interview. I had a small panel interview that consisted of 3 people, the manager of the department, the head of training, and the VP of another department. I felt at ease and just answered questions about my education and experience handling different situations. I could tell I did great and they seemed very interested in wanting to bring me on. After I met with them they then invited the branch manager in to meet with me. This is where everything went wrong. He questioned why after a year at my current position I wanted to leave. Which is simple, it did not turn out the way I expected it to. I just got out of school and jumped at what I could. I had high hopes I could learn and grow with that company but after about a year I could tell it just was not going anywhere. He then used my previous jobs against me. During the last 2 years of college I had to change jobs from a bank to an insurance company simply because the bank was not going to be able to work around my school schedule. So it basically looked like I did nothing but job hop. And since I had a lot of ambition to learn and work my way up I guess he couldn't promise I would get that opportunity so overall I guess wanting to do what you need to do to finish school and work your way up is frowned upon. Judging by the reviews on here at least it looks like I dodged a bullet anyway!