FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY).

Interview

Group Interview, personal and past job performance questions are asked in a group setting. Because the situation is so awkward and tense a little bit of a comradeship develops with the other applicants even though you all want the job.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

HR first calls for a phone screen with basic questions (why did you apply, your background), then met with with two other people for more intense questions (very friendly people) and then came back to meet with the director. They want to know how your background can relate and if you are able to retain a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about International Fraud laws or compliance with forex?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they attached the employment application form in the email. I was interviewed by 3 people and one of them is the team lead. it happened in Melbourne.

they let me introduce me first then asked me lots of questions. they let me compare stock trading and forex trading and asked me how I'm going to encourage people to invest in FX instead of stocks. they also let me forecast the trend of AUD. as i mentioned that i was into texas poker and because of that, i decided that i will be a great investment material. They let me apply something i learnt from playing texas poker to the analysis of AUD.

they discussed financial news with me and asked some behavioural questions relating to customer services.

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. I am not sure how did i go but i found the questions were a bit tricky, not as easy as other people mentioned.

Interview Questions

• they let me describe a time that i have to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. First set of questions were based on intellect and knowledge of capital markets and FX. They will ask if you currently invest in stocks. Second set of questions were softer such as career objectives and reasons why choosing FXCM.

Interview Questions

• What techniques will the Fed use to combat inflation.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM (Paris (France)) in September 2015.

Interview

Entretien téléphonique avec un manager qui vous demande de vous présenter + 2 entretiens physiques avec toujours le manager et un directeur. Les questions sont orientés plus sur le business et les connaissances + un travail écrit.

Interview Questions

• expériences pro
      connaissances des marchés financiers
      Questions sur la société FXCM et Dailyfx
      Modèle d'exécution No Dealing Desk   Answer Question

FX Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Initial communications were with the recruiter and involved general questions about my background, a series of 3 in-person interviews followed. Passion for the FOREX markets is a must for the position. Reading everything on the website, getting a demo account and actively trading yourself is necessary to be a valuable sales associate. The management are friendly and open to being asked questions themselves.

FX Sales Broker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone- Pretty easy. What do you know about the company, why did you chose your major and tell me why you think you are good for this position. Second interview was at the office: Met with my potential boss and VP of Sales. They were very rude and didn't give to the time of day to answer question. Asked my 5 year plan, why I should be hired, what is their greatest fear in hiring me etc.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by three FXCM employees: first, by a language specialist, then by a team lead, and last by the VP of the office. I did extensive research on the company and on currency trading in general; as such, I was prepared.

Interview Questions

• The pace of the questioning was quick.   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by a human resources representative who was very friendly and conducted a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a live interview. The live interview was composed of two sessions. The first session was a one on one interview with the division vice president. The second session was a panel/group interview with two vice presidents of the department. There was also a computer skills exam and an application exam. After the interview sessions, I was informed that I would be notified within 2 weeks if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please provide information on a project/case/situation that you worked on very hard and failed. Also, describe why you think it failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base pay is nonnegotiable.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of a quick phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office for an in person interview. The interview started with a webcam interview with the hiring manager in Texas for about 30 minutes. Next was an interview with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What economic term can you explain in terms that anyone can understand?   1 Answer