FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. It was not too challenging and fairly pleasant. Second technical phone interview was setup the day after the initial phone interview, to take place the following week with a Department Head in Sales. Between the first and second interviews I was informed about how shady the company was and how unhappy its staff are. It was not going to be a fit for me so I decided to withdraw my name from consideration.

Interview Questions

• They want amateur economists that they can pay pennies. The reason that I say this is because in the initial HR interview I was asked about recent global activity that affected the MKTs, asked to talk about a business or stock that I was following, and told that pay was 40-45k (I would not have expected any more than 40 from the conversation).   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions

• In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

Intern Interview

Interview

School Recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview.
    The recruiter was very nice and they were really interested in the fact that I was bilingual. I did not know much about FXCM at all but the phone interview was still an ok experience. They did not follow through though.

RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for this position a week after applying. Interview was extremely easy. Hardly any questions were asked, which showed their lack of interest in me. Then was asked if I had any questions. I feel that it was a waste of my time. Did not receive any information about a second interview.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR assistant , interview was really easy, some simple test were involved. like finding mistakes in form relating to given client's detail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in January 2014.

Interview

two phone interviews and one in person interview, were mostly testing my ability to speak since its is a client facing role.There were a few market questions, but very basic.

Interview Questions

• to describe macroeconomic events and the results of my demo account which they requested I signed up for   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was not at all hard. It was pretty much a get to know you interview and to see why youre interested in them. You will have a phone interview first which is pretty much to see if you are the right fit then you will be interviewed in person by 2 people. Questions very basic. Dont need to know much about trading currency cauae u learn about it in the job

Treasury Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online at their main website and received an e-mail response within about a week and a half from HR. The 1st step was to set up a 20-30 minute phone interview with an HR Generalist to see if I was a possible fit for the position. The 2nd step was to met with a Team Lead of Treasury via web conference/phone as well as take a super basic Excel test, write a response to an unhappy client, and review an FXCM client's application for errors. It was a pretty typical interview where the position requirements were discussed and questions asked about my previous employment and what I could bring to the table. The person I spoke with was very polite. The 3rd step was to meet with the VP of Treasury via web conference. Just as the previous interview, there where questions asked about basic practices I used in previous jobs and how I could apply them to a completely different industry's work environment. Initially I was a little nervous about having to interview with a VP but to be honest all 3 of these interviews were the most comfortable I've ever experienced. All three individuals I meet with were very personable and extremely knowledgable of the company which I loved. HR was VERY quick in getting back to me in regards to if I made it to the next stage of the interview process. In all cases I was called the very next day after each interview to set up the next one. Greatest interview experience EVER!! After being offered the position you will be required to do a background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions

• What are a few job tasks you had in previous positions? How can you apply those to this industry's work environment?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied to the research Intern position via CareerBuilder. I was contacted by their HR department a week later and offered a chance for a interview at FXCM. I was interviewed by one person in the research team. The questions where geared towards my knowledge of forex and capital markets. For example, he asked me where I thought the economy was heading due to the recent economic events in the news ie; the stimulus plan, housing market and wall street. The last question he asked was a problem solving question to test not if your capable of the right answer but the methodology you use to solve it. Overall, the research department is staffed with college graduates mostly with bachelors degrees and little industry experience. This is how FXCM saves money- by hiring amateur economist. The interview process is easy, just prove you are somewhat knowledgeable of the capital markets.

Interview Questions

• Where do you feel the economy is heading? Into a deeper recession or rebounding?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of working within a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I Asedk for my transportation cost to be covered- was denied. FXCM priority is saving money, not negotiating with employees. They use interns to write articles at dailyfx.com in an effort to save money on hiring experienced researchers and economist.