FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY).

Interview

I meet with a senior manager at a career fair at my University and he told me to email him my Resume and cover letter. Followed by that you will have a Phone interview in which they are only fishing for information such as salary, work experience, and background. Followed by that they reach out to your a one to one interview.

Bilingual FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first then face to face interview. Over the phone, the HR generalist asked my back ground, asked what I know about the company and told me the base salary about this position.

Treasury Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online at their main website and received an e-mail response within about a week and a half from HR. The 1st step was to set up a 20-30 minute phone interview with an HR Generalist to see if I was a possible fit for the position. The 2nd step was to met with a Team Lead of Treasury via web conference/phone as well as take a super basic Excel test, write a response to an unhappy client, and review an FXCM client's application for errors. It was a pretty typical interview where the position requirements were discussed and questions asked about my previous employment and what I could bring to the table. The person I spoke with was very polite. The 3rd step was to meet with the VP of Treasury via web conference. Just as the previous interview, there where questions asked about basic practices I used in previous jobs and how I could apply them to a completely different industry's work environment. Initially I was a little nervous about having to interview with a VP but to be honest all 3 of these interviews were the most comfortable I've ever experienced. All three individuals I meet with were very personable and extremely knowledgable of the company which I loved. HR was VERY quick in getting back to me in regards to if I made it to the next stage of the interview process. In all cases I was called the very next day after each interview to set up the next one. Greatest interview experience EVER!! After being offered the position you will be required to do a background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions

• What are a few job tasks you had in previous positions? How can you apply those to this industry's work environment?   Answer Question

Financial Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website for the financial service intern. First round, phone interview, haven't got to the second round yet. After the first round phone interview, they will contact you for the next round a couple days later for in person interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• asked about the resume, major, why do I choose that major. My trading style, which website do I use for news and my excel skills, pretty basic stuff. Also about their trading platform and their website like daily FX   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. The first two were over the phone. They asked similar questions, though I was warned to be better prepared for the second round. They were interested in my understanding of the company and its services, my experience with forex as a trader, and the market in general. The second interview was with a team lead at the regional office and it went very well. I was able to answer questions about my background and how my experience and future goals made me a good candidate, as well as real world examples of major economic trends that affect the forex market and how one might place trades based on these trends.

The last interview was in person at the Dallas/Plano office, except the both interviewers were in other cities and we conducted the interview through a web cam. It was basically the same interview back to back, both candidates asked roughly the same questions. I believe if I had more experience with the market, or had prepared better for materials related to the series 3 tests as well as expanded my awareness of the company's products and services, I would have been able to answer more confidently the interviewers questions. That said, it was a bit odd to meet people and try to relate to them remotely, and I believe I could have done a better job of getting positive confirmation - like saying "does that make sense?" or "does that answer your question?", because when the interviewer agrees, they reinforce the truth of it in their own minds. It was something that slipped my mind during the strange process, which would have helped a lot. Body language is the majority of communication, and in a web chat situation, where you can't even look someone in the eye, you might have to add verbal cues to enhance understanding.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of markets - offer real world examples and how trades might be placed based off of them.
      Of course understand the news with the Fed, then Eu situation, China situation, and all the "hot" topic current issues. As a reference, this interview was conducted in Oct. of 2015.
      Personal history, who I am, my experience, goals, why I would be suited for the job. Trading experience if applicable.
      Knowledge of the company - this seems to be a starting question with a lot of the interviews, so I would recommend sort of nailing down an answer that sounds good - concise, but something that you can expand upon knowledgeably if given the chance.
      Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen by recruiter in late September the process took second step was a phone screen with the hiring manager which took 2 attempts and required me to reach out to FXCM to make the interview happen. Final interview was a week after this for a total of 4+ weeks. I thought overall that each interview was positive and was shocked that I did not receive an offer at the end. Despite the positive nature of these interactions I found FXCM to be quite unprofessional (calling/ walking in late, relying on me to contact them after they failed to call me, not terminating consideration earlier if they did not want to hire me). It is my hope that the hiring team will learn to treat its prospective hires with more respect in the future and not lead people on especially in an economy where jobs are hard to come by.

Accounting Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews: The first interview was with HR. The second interview was with Hiring Manager and then met the team. Most of the questions they asked were regarding the skills needed for the job. All was in a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Behavioral interview questions
      Skills needed for the job
      Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by the HR team in Texas. We talked about my knowledge and interest in the company and the role secondary. The interview was set for 3 days later in the New York office. I was asked to submit a writing sample and provide references. I was interviewed by two persons and walked around the office. The hardest part about the process is just trying to get a visitors pass from security. They are in a very secure building.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this field of work? What motivates you each day? How you handle stress on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I during the phone screen I was asked to describe my ideal job and company and I listed everything I wanted in the company. They included this in the package. We did not have to go back and forth on anything.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online and received a phone call within a week of applying. The phone interview was a breeze. About 15-20 minutes and just asking basic questions about your background and why you had applied and wanted to work there. Then the next step was to come in for a face to face interview. I had a small panel interview that consisted of 3 people, the manager of the department, the head of training, and the VP of another department. I felt at ease and just answered questions about my education and experience handling different situations. I could tell I did great and they seemed very interested in wanting to bring me on. After I met with them they then invited the branch manager in to meet with me. This is where everything went wrong. He questioned why after a year at my current position I wanted to leave. Which is simple, it did not turn out the way I expected it to. I just got out of school and jumped at what I could. I had high hopes I could learn and grow with that company but after about a year I could tell it just was not going anywhere. He then used my previous jobs against me. During the last 2 years of college I had to change jobs from a bank to an insurance company simply because the bank was not going to be able to work around my school schedule. So it basically looked like I did nothing but job hop. And since I had a lot of ambition to learn and work my way up I guess he couldn't promise I would get that opportunity so overall I guess wanting to do what you need to do to finish school and work your way up is frowned upon. Judging by the reviews on here at least it looks like I dodged a bullet anyway!

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

Interview

The interview was not at all hard. It was pretty much a get to know you interview and to see why youre interested in them. You will have a phone interview first which is pretty much to see if you are the right fit then you will be interviewed in person by 2 people. Questions very basic. Dont need to know much about trading currency cauae u learn about it in the job