FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, What do you know about our company and this position? Tell me about your project and recently one. After that , she asked me two more question, What is your expected salary range? Are u eligible to work around the US?

Interview Questions

• This position do not provide sponsorship, so I declined.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was slow and tedious, conducted by incompetent people. Seemed like they were not serious. The questions they asked were not specific enough for the role. Managers had an ego problem.

Currency Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

First round interview over the phone that covered basic resume and personality questions, nothing extraordinary. For the second round, I was asked to submit a 1-page write up on a current macroeconomic event (at the time it was on the imminent fed rate hike). For the final round, it was a phone interview with a strategist in SF. Was given the offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the likely impact of a cut in ECB's interest rate?   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR representative that asked general questions about my resume. Good experience, representative was really positive and professional. It is important to know about what the company does and have your qualifications prepared.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The interview was about 20-25 minutes. Before interviewing me, the interviewer from HR introduced the position and provided detailed information about the company's culture. But didn't get any feedback about the interview but one week after they said they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• First some basic behavior questions, and then asked things related to the company like: what do you know about FXCM and your expectations for the position; your knowledge about their platform and FX; how you going to help with customers with your knowledge.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Initial communications were with the recruiter and involved general questions about my background, a series of 3 in-person interviews followed. Passion for the FOREX markets is a must for the position. Reading everything on the website, getting a demo account and actively trading yourself is necessary to be a valuable sales associate. The management are friendly and open to being asked questions themselves.

FX Sales Broker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone- Pretty easy. What do you know about the company, why did you chose your major and tell me why you think you are good for this position. Second interview was at the office: Met with my potential boss and VP of Sales. They were very rude and didn't give to the time of day to answer question. Asked my 5 year plan, why I should be hired, what is their greatest fear in hiring me etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview about the intern position, ask the related experience, job expectation, gave some description about the company. Ask the availability for work. During that time, they wanted someone who could work as soon as possible.

Financial Services Interview

Application

I interviewed at FXCM in August 2014.

Interview

They sent email to schedule the phone interview time. The phone interview includes several general questions: 1. why are you interested in this position? 2. How much do you know about this company? 3. How much do you know about the forex market? 4. Do you often read news? 5. Your 5 years career plan.
    And some questions about your work experience in your resume.

Interview Questions

See What FXCM Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Senior Network Engineer in New York, NY

Pros: “The flexibility in one's schedule is unmatched. You have no set hours as to when you need to be there or when you can leave, so if you have kids this helps out a lot. You also have...”“The flexibility in one's schedule is unmatched. You have no set hours as to when you need to be there or when you can leave, so if you have kids this helps out a lot. You also have the ability to work from home, and depending on how good you are at your job you may be able to work from home consistently. The pay is great if you are close with the management but, if you aren't, then the pay is simply "fair". There is free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and they provide the utensils, plates, and bowls to employees. As I was part of the IT staff, this particular group of people are young and easy-going and everyone (for the most part) gets along with each other which makes coming to work more enjoyable. And you get to work with different technologies for the most part, just don't expect any datacenter technologies.” – Full Review