FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions

• In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question

Bilingual Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Telephone interview first, and then onsite interview. The onsite containing test on customer service and excel and translate Chinese email to English. The tests were not too hard but took some time. The interview including a language oral test and meeting with the team leader.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. This was for the Pro group, so it is NOT part of the retail division. Exchanged a few responses with HR, who was really awesome. I then did an on site interview at their NY location, and did two back to back interviews. One was with the Head of Production and the other with an Engineer in the Production group. Questions were mostly about my software development experience and a few questions about TCP/ IP.

Negotiation

The salary isn't great, and they don't pay for your commute. However, it is a GREAT experience, and I've learned a lot about FX and programming since I've been here. Everybody in the Pro group is extremely qualified at what they do, and have had significant experience in FX.

FX Sales Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

HR Contacted me one day after applying online.

Interview Questions

• 1-) Explain FXCM. So make sure you know exactly what they do.
      2-) Asked me to show some knowledge of trading
      3-) Where do you get your market news from
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in January 2014.

Interview

two phone interviews and one in person interview, were mostly testing my ability to speak since its is a client facing role.There were a few market questions, but very basic.

Interview Questions

• to describe macroeconomic events and the results of my demo account which they requested I signed up for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in December 2013.

Interview

I had a horrible experience. They were very unprofessional in coordinating interviews -- seems like they don't respect prospective interns anyway.

HR coordinator, after a phone screening, invited me to the office. She wasn't sure who i will be talking to at all?! 15 mins later a guy came to interview me. He wasn't even in the department I'm supposed to be working in. He folded my resume 3 times. didn't even read it, and tried to read it while he was talking to me. He didn't know how to interview and I was the one asking all the questions and driving the conversation.

He also asked me some very technical knowledge about forex trading which I didn't need to know, since it wasn't in the job description.

He said the guy who I'll be interning for will talk to me next, but he's busy at the moment. They left me waiting for another 15 mins. The first guy came back and said he's not available and walked me out of the office. They'd be interviewing a few more candidates and will let me know if I'm worth a second round. This definitely put me in a disadvantage since I am not talking to the main guy here.

During the conversation he also said negative things about this company. All red flags about morale and disorganization. I came back home, wrote them a thank-you note and said "thank you but I believe i'm not the right fit for your company."

Never in my interviewing career have I felt so unworthy and disrespected. If they don't respect my time, they won't respect me when I work there. Thanks God for letting me know this is the wrong place before it's too late.

Currency Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Spoke to HR over the phone and invited to meet with one of the analysts at the office. The initial phone screen was mostly behavioral questions while the in person meeting with the team was more technical. A key part of the in-person interview was talking through macroeconomics and experience with forex trading to make sure the candidate was interested and understood the basics.

Interview Questions

• 1. What exposure do you have to forex trading?
      2. What is the Yen carry trade?
      Answer Question

Multimedia Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted very soon after submitting my application online by an internal recruiter. Had a 20 minute phone interview with said recruiter. Phone interview contained soft questions about my past experience. This was followed up by a one hour interview with the hiring manager where experience and ability was further discussed along with what the job would entail. Nothing too difficult to answer. I was asked to create a 30 video spot based on a voice over that was prerecorded. I was given 3 days to complete this assignment. The creation of the spot took about 6 hours to complete. In my opinion, its a little out of the ordinary to create such a piece for a prospective company. My merits have usually been judged on my past work presented in my portfolio. A week or two went by and I finally got an answer. I was told that I submitted a great piece one they felt "lead the pack", but the company recently instated a hiring freeze and could not hire at the time. I was told they would revisit the hiring for the position at the beginning of the year. Haven't heard from them, but I could care less. I felt like the people I dealt with were overall good people.

Interview Questions

• Would you create a video based on a voiceover we provide?   Answer Question

Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Questions

• The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with human resources and another phone interview with a project lead. I was invited for an in person interview and met with two managers, one via webcam. Interview questions were rather standard. They are looking for people who are especially interested in financial markets, and previous knowledge of or experience in FX is not necessary.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about you would explain financial concepts or events to clients.   Answer Question