FXCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FXCM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.8

FX Sales Broker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone- Pretty easy. What do you know about the company, why did you chose your major and tell me why you think you are good for this position. Second interview was at the office: Met with my potential boss and VP of Sales. They were very rude and didn't give to the time of day to answer question. Asked my 5 year plan, why I should be hired, what is their greatest fear in hiring me etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview about the intern position, ask the related experience, job expectation, gave some description about the company. Ask the availability for work. During that time, they wanted someone who could work as soon as possible.

Financial Services Interview

Application

I interviewed at FXCM in August 2014.

Interview

They sent email to schedule the phone interview time. The phone interview includes several general questions: 1. why are you interested in this position? 2. How much do you know about this company? 3. How much do you know about the forex market? 4. Do you often read news? 5. Your 5 years career plan.
    And some questions about your work experience in your resume.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by three FXCM employees: first, by a language specialist, then by a team lead, and last by the VP of the office. I did extensive research on the company and on currency trading in general; as such, I was prepared.

Interview Questions

• The pace of the questioning was quick.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions

• In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question

Bilingual Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Telephone interview first, and then onsite interview. The onsite containing test on customer service and excel and translate Chinese email to English. The tests were not too hard but took some time. The interview including a language oral test and meeting with the team leader.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through university. This was for the Pro group, so it is NOT part of the retail division. Exchanged a few responses with HR, who was really awesome. I then did an on site interview at their NY location, and did two back to back interviews. One was with the Head of Production and the other with an Engineer in the Production group. Questions were mostly about my software development experience and a few questions about TCP/ IP.

Negotiation

The salary isn't great, and they don't pay for your commute. However, it is a GREAT experience, and I've learned a lot about FX and programming since I've been here. Everybody in the Pro group is extremely qualified at what they do, and have had significant experience in FX.

FX Sales Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

HR Contacted me one day after applying online.

Interview Questions

• 1-) Explain FXCM. So make sure you know exactly what they do.
      2-) Asked me to show some knowledge of trading
      3-) Where do you get your market news from   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in January 2014.

Interview

two phone interviews and one in person interview, were mostly testing my ability to speak since its is a client facing role.There were a few market questions, but very basic.

Interview Questions

• to describe macroeconomic events and the results of my demo account which they requested I signed up for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in December 2013.

Interview

I had a horrible experience. They were very unprofessional in coordinating interviews -- seems like they don't respect prospective interns anyway.

HR coordinator, after a phone screening, invited me to the office. She wasn't sure who i will be talking to at all?! 15 mins later a guy came to interview me. He wasn't even in the department I'm supposed to be working in. He folded my resume 3 times. didn't even read it, and tried to read it while he was talking to me. He didn't know how to interview and I was the one asking all the questions and driving the conversation.

He also asked me some very technical knowledge about forex trading which I didn't need to know, since it wasn't in the job description.

He said the guy who I'll be interning for will talk to me next, but he's busy at the moment. They left me waiting for another 15 mins. The first guy came back and said he's not available and walked me out of the office. They'd be interviewing a few more candidates and will let me know if I'm worth a second round. This definitely put me in a disadvantage since I am not talking to the main guy here.

During the conversation he also said negative things about this company. All red flags about morale and disorganization. I came back home, wrote them a thank-you note and said "thank you but I believe i'm not the right fit for your company."

Never in my interviewing career have I felt so unworthy and disrespected. If they don't respect my time, they won't respect me when I work there. Thanks God for letting me know this is the wrong place before it's too late.