FXCM Market Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

First FXCM called me for the initial phone screen in which they asked me about my resume. They told me some administrative things such as the salary and the hours/week that the position entailed. Afterwards, they set up an on-site interview with me for the following week. This interview was actually rather tough. First, I spoke with an HR representative who asked about my resume, how I heard about the position, and why I thought I was suitable for this position; she also gave me something to read in 10 minutes and I was to be asked about it by someone else. Then I spoke with the person whose team I would actually be working for. He asked me about the article what I thought it meant, what has happened recently in the markets, what is going on in Europe, what affects interest rates, about different types of analyses, spoke to me in a foreign language in which I responded, and basically tested to see if I knew how different markets affected others around the world. Sometimes he asked me about specific examples, but I did not know those in particular. Overall, it was a pretty challenging, yet positive, interview process in which I had to think about my answers quite a bit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.