FXCM Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with completely unqualified HR rep. Then in person interview with brand new "workload coordinators", who can't even answer your basic questions. Lastly, an interview with either local branch manager or MD in different location over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring here that other companies haven't seen from you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FXCM

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

The process starts with a telephone interview with the HR specialist. Once you've been vetted via telephone, you'll be invited to an in-person interview. I was asked to come in for the interview only 2 days after the phone interview.

The interview consisted of a portion with the HR specialists, a portion with the managers for the department and any other specialized team members (depending on the position applied for).

I received the job offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• The managers mostly wanted to get an idea of the kind of personality I had. They didn't ask any questions about my previous work experience or qualifications for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by a human resources representative who was very friendly and conducted a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a live interview. The live interview was composed of two sessions. The first session was a one on one interview with the division vice president. The second session was a panel/group interview with two vice presidents of the department. There was also a computer skills exam and an application exam. After the interview sessions, I was informed that I would be notified within 2 weeks if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please provide information on a project/case/situation that you worked on very hard and failed. Also, describe why you think it failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base pay is nonnegotiable.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

There is a written test. I was given an application form and instruction sheet to find out the errors. Then I was interviewed by the team leaders and the department head. They are looking for candidates who would like to have a long-term career in back office. Mainly questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on the CV. What companies are you looking for ? Would you prefer to work in a large cooperate or small company ?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerusalem (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM (Jerusalem (Israel)) in July 2016.

Interview

A number of tests followed by two interviews - all for a basic entry level job. One test was to test knowledge of Excel and yet their log in did not work on my terminal and then was exceptionally slow and cumbersome in the 2nd terminal. Bit hard to show your proficiency is the computer system was well below par.

Interviewed by 3 senior managers and their body language and questions indicted that they were going through the motions and not all that interested in really finding out the suitability and potential for the new employee.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Interview consists of 2 stages. The first is an interview with recrutiment agency where they ask you questions about your previous experience from CV and give you an Excel test with basic questions and limited time.The second is interview with the branch manager and team leader of the team.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions on the 2nd stage are behavioral questions,Have to be able to support your arguments with examples from the past.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

3 levels of interviews. simple tests and get to know you chit chats. the first 2 were done by an outside company and were average. the outside company were very tact and professional.
    prepare yourself for some customer experience scenarios.

Interview Questions

• none, there were like 2 scenarios that were extra easy,   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR assistant , interview was really easy, some simple test were involved. like finding mistakes in form relating to given client's detail.

Operation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXCM in October 2011.

Interview

The interview is quite simple, mainly test for language ability and understanding of job responsibility, the interviewer only ask me 4 question then she arrange a written test for me next week,
    she require me to use english and mandrian to answer question, she ask me to introduce myself, company, job details, and why do i think i suit this job

Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXCM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2011.

Interview

interviewed by a woman.
    Use English and Mandarin throughout the phone interview