FXCM Interview Questions in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

HR first calls for a phone screen with basic questions (why did you apply, your background), then met with with two other people for more intense questions (very friendly people) and then came back to meet with the director. They want to know how your background can relate and if you are able to retain a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about International Fraud laws or compliance with forex?   Answer Question

Treasury Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online at their main website and received an e-mail response within about a week and a half from HR. The 1st step was to set up a 20-30 minute phone interview with an HR Generalist to see if I was a possible fit for the position. The 2nd step was to met with a Team Lead of Treasury via web conference/phone as well as take a super basic Excel test, write a response to an unhappy client, and review an FXCM client's application for errors. It was a pretty typical interview where the position requirements were discussed and questions asked about my previous employment and what I could bring to the table. The person I spoke with was very polite. The 3rd step was to meet with the VP of Treasury via web conference. Just as the previous interview, there where questions asked about basic practices I used in previous jobs and how I could apply them to a completely different industry's work environment. Initially I was a little nervous about having to interview with a VP but to be honest all 3 of these interviews were the most comfortable I've ever experienced. All three individuals I meet with were very personable and extremely knowledgable of the company which I loved. HR was VERY quick in getting back to me in regards to if I made it to the next stage of the interview process. In all cases I was called the very next day after each interview to set up the next one. Greatest interview experience EVER!! After being offered the position you will be required to do a background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions

• What are a few job tasks you had in previous positions? How can you apply those to this industry's work environment?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen by recruiter in late September the process took second step was a phone screen with the hiring manager which took 2 attempts and required me to reach out to FXCM to make the interview happen. Final interview was a week after this for a total of 4+ weeks. I thought overall that each interview was positive and was shocked that I did not receive an offer at the end. Despite the positive nature of these interactions I found FXCM to be quite unprofessional (calling/ walking in late, relying on me to contact them after they failed to call me, not terminating consideration earlier if they did not want to hire me). It is my hope that the hiring team will learn to treat its prospective hires with more respect in the future and not lead people on especially in an economy where jobs are hard to come by.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online and received a phone call within a week of applying. The phone interview was a breeze. About 15-20 minutes and just asking basic questions about your background and why you had applied and wanted to work there. Then the next step was to come in for a face to face interview. I had a small panel interview that consisted of 3 people, the manager of the department, the head of training, and the VP of another department. I felt at ease and just answered questions about my education and experience handling different situations. I could tell I did great and they seemed very interested in wanting to bring me on. After I met with them they then invited the branch manager in to meet with me. This is where everything went wrong. He questioned why after a year at my current position I wanted to leave. Which is simple, it did not turn out the way I expected it to. I just got out of school and jumped at what I could. I had high hopes I could learn and grow with that company but after about a year I could tell it just was not going anywhere. He then used my previous jobs against me. During the last 2 years of college I had to change jobs from a bank to an insurance company simply because the bank was not going to be able to work around my school schedule. So it basically looked like I did nothing but job hop. And since I had a lot of ambition to learn and work my way up I guess he couldn't promise I would get that opportunity so overall I guess wanting to do what you need to do to finish school and work your way up is frowned upon. Judging by the reviews on here at least it looks like I dodged a bullet anyway!

Financial Services Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was not at all hard. It was pretty much a get to know you interview and to see why youre interested in them. You will have a phone interview first which is pretty much to see if you are the right fit then you will be interviewed in person by 2 people. Questions very basic. Dont need to know much about trading currency cauae u learn about it in the job

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a typical HR Interview. Example, What makes you a great fit for this role. How have you responded with controversy in prior jobs, etc... 2nd Interview was with a team lead and we discussed monetary policy and other factors that determine market movements. The interview was really laid back and we discussed the position as a whole as well as my back ground.

Interview Questions

• How would a change in interest rates change the dollar value for a given currency   Answer Question

Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Questions

• The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I had 3 total interviews: One with HR, one with the manager, and one with his manager (VP). The 3rd interview actually consisted of all three, one after the other. The woman in HR was very nice and asked easy interview questions: Why FXCM? What qualifies you?, etc. The manager asked slightly more probing questions testing market knowledge, previous experience, etc.

What really surprised me was the incompetence of the VP during the process. Like a good interviewee, I brought multiple copies of my resume, dressed in sharp suit, remained polite, but the VP was very disrespectful. During the end of the interview he mentioned that "honestly, [he] did not even look over [my] resume because I didn't see anything applicable to this job on it." I had customer service experience, an degree in Economics with a 3.97+ GPA, previous trading experience on it, and I had impressed the first two interviewers with what was on my resume. The VP instead asked an analytical brain teaser question not suitable for a representative position, and later in the interview asked that I "convince him of something". After arguing that the rental market may be a good investment right now, the VP stated: "I'm not convinced. Convince me of something else." Towards the very end of the interview, another manager interrupted twice to say we were taking too long, and that he wanted to use the room. All of these events made me uncomfortable there, and the VP only asked if I had questions after he said we were taking too long. Two weeks later I found out I was not hired. I honestly felt that the VP was more interested in making me feel intimidated and uncomfortable than he was evaluating me for the job I was interviewing for. I really felt like I wasted a great deal of time even considering working for this company. While I apparently couldn't convince the VP of anything, hopefully I can at least convince anyone reading this to be careful and skeptical if you're considering working for this company.

Interview Questions

• The brain teaser: You have 9 rubber balls, and a scale. One of the rubber balls is weighted less than the others. You can use the scale twice. How do you find which ball is weighted differently?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interview was standard - asked for work history, education history, etc. They described the opportunity and it was not a fit for my experience. The work culture did not sound like a fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about my customer service experience even though I was applying for an analytical position.   1 Answer

Not a good fit for the job.

FX Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FXCM (Plano, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days after for an initial phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions asked, but they were simple and not very difficult. During the call some basics about the position were mentioned: work hours (7am-4pm CST with 2 weeks per quarter working European shift from 11pm to 7am CST), Benefits, Education that a Series 3 license will need to be obtained and will be paid for by FXCM. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview the next week.

I arrived 10 mins early, but the interview started 15 mins late. It was a one-on-one interview. At first I was asked question about my resume. Then I was also asked what interested me in that job. Finally, I was asked, "Besides wanting a pay check why do I want to work there?" I'm not sure if I just didn't answer that question well or what, but he then turned the interview over to me to ask question. His series of questioning only took about 20 mins. The next 25 minutes, I asked questions pertaining to career advancement, culture, the companies advantage over competitors. When I was done, I was told I would get a phone call the next week with there decision and that was it. At the time of writing this, it has not been a week since the interview and no decision has been made know to me yet.

I'm not sure if the hiring manager quickly sized me up as not being the right fit and that is why the interview was short. The interviewer was nice and professional. From my impression they are looking to hire people to advance into sales or management as the business is going though an expansionary phase.