Facebook Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.4

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They're helpful, respectful and incredibly organized. They're there to help you succeed and will do what it takes to get you in the door if you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my favorite campaigns on Facebook started in the phone screen, which caught me off guard. I was expecting that later in the process - don't underestimate your recruiter. Overall, questions were mostly based on my background/experience & passions - they didn't throw in any of those awful brain teasers or analytical questions. I greatly appreciate that, because I find them annoying and worthless! Facebook is smart enough to know that there are easier (and better) ways to find out how a person handles pressure, and how they think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are great with negotiations and will do what they need to bring in people that are the right fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Referred to by current FB employee and the process was very quick and took about 3 weeks total. I had 5 phone interviews and then a half day of in person interviews with team members at their Texas location. Recruiter was great at prepping you for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a branding strategy on FB? (very general so not sure where they were leading)
      What stage does Facebook fall in the advertising process? Ex. Awareness, research, purchase, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Its a thrilling email when you get an email from fb.com saying they're interested in you. The overall experience was good. I got my decision in 4 days of my on site interview.

The interview style is definitely very different. They expect you to be an independent thinker, know the product and industry at expert level, and show energy.

The most common question is simply, why do you want to work at Facebook. I don't think they want to hear you want to get rich.
    Expect to whiteboard, present case studies and show world class qualifications. The recruiter actually tells you this, so take it seriously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

A friend of a friend referred me for the position and a recruiter reached out to me to schedule an interview about a week later. I had a relatively easy 30 minute call with the recruiter, which she was 10 minutes late for, where I described my background, and learned a little more about the position. I was told I would have to speak with an employee in the position I was interviewing for, and then the next step would be to fly me down to Austin for an in-person interview (I'm currently in NY).

A couple days later, I spoke with an Account Manager who asked relatively straightforward questions about my experience, and why I was interested in Facebook. Overall, I think it was a good conversation and I was able to develop a rapport. Things started to get a little weird after this point. After the call I asked the recruiter for the Account Manager's email so I could send a Thank You, to which I received a cold response that they couldn't disclose this information. I was then told I would have to have another phone interview with another Account Manager, and that this was "standard procedure" despite her saying different previously.

My call with the second Account Manager went find. She was a little more cold and standoffish than the first one, but it may have just been the phone interview. The call seemed to go fine, more softball questions about my experience, what I thought of the Facebook advertising product, etc, etc. I didn't get as good a vibe this time, and followed up with the recruiter at the end of the week for next steps. I got an email Monday that they would not be going forward with me as a candidate with little insight as to why.

My overall impression is that the HR department at Facebook is very young and inexperienced. Being late to my call gave me a bad first impression, and their rejection email referenced the incorrect names of the people I had interviewed with from their Account team. She also referenced a different position than the one I had applied to, and to which they were recruiting when I spoke with her - I applied for a job on their Agency team, and she said the position was on their Vertical team when we spoke, though when I spoke with the Account Managers they reverted back to treating it as a position with their Agency team. I'm sure part of it has to do with the fast pace which the company is growing, but I think they could do a lot more to treat their candidates respectfully.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the three main advantages of Facebook for brands?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and what don't you like about the Facebook advertising product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Had an informal call with a recruiter that was trying to rush the process so it sounded like they were trying to move quickly. She told me the process consisted of a one on one phone interview followed by an in-person interview where I would meet 4 other employees. My phone interview was 2 weeks after my initial contact with the recruiter because there was a Global Sales Conference the following week and no one was in the office.

When I had my one on one it was with a potential peer (NOT someone I would be reporting to) She had a similar background to mine and was very polite. Questions were relevant and not too difficult. I think in order to do well here, the interviewee has to be REALLY passionate about Facebook. If they don't get that sense, they will end up passing on you even if your experience and background fits like a glove. There's tons of people that are dying to work for this company so they can be picky.

My tip is make sure you sound excited about the chance to work there. Also, I'm sure they screen your profile so make sure you hide any inappropriate pics or comments. They won't bring it up but you can't convince me otherwise that they don't look you up beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch Facebook to a client?   Answer Question
    • It's 6pm and your work day is over, what happened during the day that made it awesome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Ridiculously long and drawn out process. If you want a snot nosed Ivy League 22-year old telling you how the business world works, you should definitely interview here. I met with 8 different people, most of them were straight out of school, yet cocky as hell.

Interview Questions

• How much money is spent on the internet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied at facebook several weeks before a current employee there recommended me to the talent recruiter. The interview process consisted of 1. Timed writing sample, 2. Phone screen conversation, 3. Phone Interview, 4. In person rotation interview (talking to 2-4 interviewers, each individually).

Everyone involved in the interview process was very friendly and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 50 new clients today, how would you start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Process started over email and scheduling was very long and drawn out

bad experience fit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

applied online and received an email asking to complete writing skills sample - basically these were questions on facebook policies and work related scenarios for me to imagine myself in. In a couple of days, I was asked to provide some times for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you maximize scalability by keeping team small and client satisfaction high   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied to a job as an Direct Response Account Manager via their website, and got an email from a Facebook recruiter 45 days later. Asked about my experience and knowledge of direct response advertising. I did not get a second round interview, but the recruiter referred me to another recruiter who was hiring for another job at Facebook.

Interview Questions

• What is direct response advertising?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think direct response advertising is effective?   1 Answer