Facebook Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Springfield, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Facebook online and was contacted via email in less than a week to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and very laid back which made the process a little more relaxed. She told me she loved my resume and actually said how excited she was about it because she felt I was an excellent fit. After a few minutes, (we stayed on the phone still chatting for another 20 min) she indicated she would contact the hiring manager and set up a second phone interview and get back with me. Two days later, I receive an email indicating they have decided to pursue other candidates. I know my qualifications were spot on and my experience was in line with what they were looking for. I'm left feeling pretty confused as the recruiter talked me up quite a bit and left me feeling pretty confident. Not sure what happened. Maybe someone internal was hired? Although it sounded like this role was new for the area. I don't know.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was great. I worked with a recruiter who was very responsive over email and even brought me in prior to the interview to meet some of the team. Very professional team and inviting atmosphere. The interview was about 2 hours with one-on-ones with two separate people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They set up a phone interview so that I could talk with the recruiter. He asked a couple of questions about my experience and how I work on a team. Then he set up an interview with the hiring manager. She ask me a couple of technical questions, how I work on a team, and what was my experience. I got asked to come to campus to have an interview with some of the people on the team and to meet with three managers. They asked me more challenging technical questions that had to do with the job. it helped that I completely understood what is was that I would be doing on the job and to understand the job description 100%. They were very nice and overall the interview went smoothly.

However, they emailed me a week later to schedule time to talk any time during the week. It was confusing because it sounded like it could be a good thing, but then seconds after taking the call they informed me that I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• No job, this was my question: What interview question were you anticipating that we didn't already ask you?   Answer Question
    • Which is better? Having 10 false positives or 80 false positives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by Facebook HR via email after applying for Analyst position online. The HR representative was friendly and we set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty relaxed and straightforward. I was asked to explain a little bit about my background and some work I had done listed on my resume. The HR rep also explained a little bit more about the position description, duties and the team I might be working with. The interview ended after about 25 mins with the HR rep asking if I had any additional questions. I haven't heard back about the position since the initial phone interview, so I assume I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Not that it was an unexpected question, I was asked why I wanted to work at Facebook and why I applied for the Analyst position. Fairly straightforward. These are questions you should have prepared for in the first place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

This was a phone interview, the interviewer is super nice and helpful. She asked me to introduce myself, what I am doing and why I want to join Facebook.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their website and heard back from HR about 2 weeks later. There were two phone interviews and a 2 hour onsite interview. All communication following their initial contact with me was very prompt, and phone interviews were all on time. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and pleasant, and as I was coming from Google we had a lot in common. I think having Google on my resume was what helped me get a response, as I didn't have much relevant experience (I'm a recent college grad).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It's a tough company to get in. I had to do a recruiter screen, another phone screen with a team member, one in house with 3 team members, and another in house with 2 team members - including the director of the group. Mostly behavior with a few analytical situational questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview

First you need to take the online test. It has 10 questions. 9 of them multiple choice (statistics. excel, set theory,graphic analysis) and 1 of them is a assay writing on a topic. If you pass the test, they call you for a detailed interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

initial phone screening, three onsite interviews, 30/40minutes back to back with junior, middle and senior team mates [all very nice, relaxed and interested in you]. two final rounds with senior and global management over skype and phone. entire process from 1st contact with HR and offer took a month, the entire time your recruiter is by your side updating you via phone and email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasnt any, they offered me a salary and grade hire than i had stated.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. HR sent me an email with the link of some tests. It has time limit and non stop exam. I passed it.
    then HR called me and check my background with me and talked about job details as well.
    Next step was communication with the Hiring Manager. She was kind a hard person but i was well prepared. I passed it as well.

Now I am about the having another interview.