Facebook Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by Facebook HR via email after applying for Analyst position online. The HR representative was friendly and we set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty relaxed and straightforward. I was asked to explain a little bit about my background and some work I had done listed on my resume. The HR rep also explained a little bit more about the position description, duties and the team I might be working with. The interview ended after about 25 mins with the HR rep asking if I had any additional questions. I haven't heard back about the position since the initial phone interview, so I assume I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Not that it was an unexpected question, I was asked why I wanted to work at Facebook and why I applied for the Analyst position. Fairly straightforward. These are questions you should have prepared for in the first place.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

This was a phone interview, the interviewer is super nice and helpful. She asked me to introduce myself, what I am doing and why I want to join Facebook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It's a tough company to get in. I had to do a recruiter screen, another phone screen with a team member, one in house with 3 team members, and another in house with 2 team members - including the director of the group. Mostly behavior with a few analytical situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their website and heard back from HR about 2 weeks later. There were two phone interviews and a 2 hour onsite interview. All communication following their initial contact with me was very prompt, and phone interviews were all on time. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and pleasant, and as I was coming from Google we had a lot in common. I think having Google on my resume was what helped me get a response, as I didn't have much relevant experience (I'm a recent college grad).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was great. I worked with a recruiter who was very responsive over email and even brought me in prior to the interview to meet some of the team. Very professional team and inviting atmosphere. The interview was about 2 hours with one-on-ones with two separate people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They set up a phone interview so that I could talk with the recruiter. He asked a couple of questions about my experience and how I work on a team. Then he set up an interview with the hiring manager. She ask me a couple of technical questions, how I work on a team, and what was my experience. I got asked to come to campus to have an interview with some of the people on the team and to meet with three managers. They asked me more challenging technical questions that had to do with the job. it helped that I completely understood what is was that I would be doing on the job and to understand the job description 100%. They were very nice and overall the interview went smoothly.

However, they emailed me a week later to schedule time to talk any time during the week. It was confusing because it sounded like it could be a good thing, but then seconds after taking the call they informed me that I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• No job, this was my question: What interview question were you anticipating that we didn't already ask you?   Answer Question
    • Which is better? Having 10 false positives or 80 false positives?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Springfield, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Facebook online and was contacted via email in less than a week to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and very laid back which made the process a little more relaxed. She told me she loved my resume and actually said how excited she was about it because she felt I was an excellent fit. After a few minutes, (we stayed on the phone still chatting for another 20 min) she indicated she would contact the hiring manager and set up a second phone interview and get back with me. Two days later, I receive an email indicating they have decided to pursue other candidates. I know my qualifications were spot on and my experience was in line with what they were looking for. I'm left feeling pretty confused as the recruiter talked me up quite a bit and left me feeling pretty confident. Not sure what happened. Maybe someone internal was hired? Although it sounded like this role was new for the area. I don't know.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2018.

Interview

Very quantitative . There was a lot of material covered. Other than that there is not really any difficulties that one should whom studied for the interview should worry about

Interview Questions

• How many houses exist in San Francisco   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Well coordinated, planned, and scheduled but overly drawn out . A lot of robotic, canned questions and tests that had to be answered exactly how the interviewers wanted even if you had a better way to answer it. Interviews felt hollow and impersonal. Also, none of the people I met with had any idea what my role was or how it would interact with theirs and seemed to have been random employees who were suddenly thrown into the interview mix.

Lastly, from walking around the campus it was immediatly apparent that most employees were recent graduates or H1bs so the odds were stacked against me, being a mid career 30 year old who was expecting a livable wage in that region of the country.

Overall a good experience in that I got a free trip to that part of country. My one regret is not asking for a day or two extra for the trip to explore San Francisco and the surrounding areas.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied online about 3 weeks prior the initial phone interview. It seemed extremely rushed and the interviewer did not have a lot of knowledge of the role. I guess it seemed rushed because she knew I would not be a good fit since I didn't make it to the following round. I was actually surprised they called me as I did not have anyone from the company refer me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my current role and if I had specific experience like SQL and VBA.   1 Answer