Facebook Android Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Android Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. I've been asked "entry-point" questions like AndroidManifest, layouts as well as activity lifecycle. Some HR questions, nothing special. Once it's passed, you might be contacted/referred to other tech recruiter, so in the process you will talk to 2 or more tech requirers as well as Directory of Engineering. All people are always nice and understand any your situations.

Once this is done, first call with engineer will be scheduled. I've been told should expect 1-2 calls where you answer on questions, then written questions about algorithms. I've passed first call and been invited on site interview.

All flights, times, taxi, food and any other expenses covered by Facebook. All people are welcomed in HQ as well as helpful. Everybody seems to be very excited and enthusiastic about what they all are doing in the company. On site interview has walk around campus and 4 45 mins + lunch time in campus.

You have to have deep understanding about Android platform, have a good experience covering a lot of sides of Android SDK as well as algorithms and their complexity.

Very thankful for such a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• I am not very good at algorithm a specially on interview with no that much free time to think. Be aware about binary trees. In general, no really impossible questions, everything is fare.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Passed an initial phone screen where they asked about career trajectory and Activity life cycle. Next phone interview was programming of an algorithm in Java. Did that with one if their Android devs. Interviewer was friendly but did not give hints. Also there was a strict time limit. About 15 min for general questions and 40 for the programming section.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question was how to find the lowest common ancestor for a binary tree. Then find a solution that is linear for space complexity.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First step was passing a phone interview. Next, went onsite. Onsite was a visit to see if I wanted to continue forwards with interview process, I declined. It was a nice office but the cost of living to relocate to Meno Park, CA was costly which scared me from continuing forwards.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Had the standard 8 questions about Android development asked during a Skype call. If you got more than 5 out of 8 right you would move on to the next round. The next round was a call from one of the Android engineers for Instagram. We spoke briefly about our tech backgrounds and then straight to programming. Was told they would reach out shortly if I made it to the next round

Interview Questions

• Given an array of ints = [6, 4, 0, 5, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0] move all non zero numbers to the left and zeros to the right. How can you now improve your answer to O(n)?   24 Answers

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

Interview

The first round interview came from an recruiter who works in Facebook, she asked me 8 prepared optional question, which I think list on a paper. 5 correct answers make you pass this round interview. The second round interview is technical phone interview, the process divide into two parts, the first part is about your project experience, a coding test in the second part. Question is not difficult, but require bug-free and efficient

Interview Questions

• The coding test, require bug-free and has requirement at both time complexity and space.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2015.

Interview

I was recruited via LinkedIn, attended a prep session and then met on the phone for my first technical interview. My interviewer called 15 minutes early and skipped the background introductions to ask me about something on my CV from 2012 which he liked. I think it was a rare interview and probably wouldn't happen again to someone else.

Interview Questions

• What are the pitfalls of AsyncTasks?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screen with about 10 multiple choice android questions.
    2) Phone interview with coder pad. Initial android discussion. Two easy to medium questions algorithm questions.
    3) Onsite interview. 4 rounds
      a) Behavioral interview. Last 30 minutes or so was coding. Combinatoric problem. Not a trivial question, but available on leetcode, hacker rank etc.
      b) Android design interview. Design simple app with recyclerview.
      c) Lunch - It was amazing. It's good I didn't get the job, I would probably gain thirty pounds or so.
      d) General Android questions followed by two algorithm coding problems.
      e) coding. 2 questions, relatively straight forward. Interviewer cut me off at the end saying we ran out of time.

No offer granted I got the kiss of death 9 days after the interview.

Phone call with no feedback, encouraged to try reapplying in the future.

Interview Questions

• Combinatorics question. Binary Tree question. Palindrome question. Array manipulation similar to partition function in quick sort. Search question, binary search approach. etc etc.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

This was online interview. At first interview was scheduled on 00:00 because manager never checked, where I live. After my request it was shifted to 22:30. Unfortunately interviewer could not call me via Skype. He blame that I have outdated Skype version and should check software. This is strange, because as freelancer I use this tool every day and never had problems before.
    Interview was re-scheduled. Second interviewer could not use Skype as well, he told me that I'm offline. Strange, because I wrote him a message via Skype chat :) So we had to use phone and this was not comfortable.
    Coding assignment was really easy, though interviewer was not able to describe it clear enough from the very beginning.
    Every candidate could ask question at the end of interview. I wanted to know, if they use reactive approach in developing. Unfortunately my interviewer didn't hear neither about RxJava or about Java 8 streams API at all. You are not obligated to use this in your work, but these are things you could know about from Android Weekly at least :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply at Facebook for a job at their HQ in Menlo Park. I took the opportunity and did the phone interview. This interview was fairly easy and well structured. I then was invited out to Melo Park for an on site interview. The whole experience was good overall. Facebook paid for my travel and accomodations and food and everything else. The interviews were extremely difficult however and there were a total of 5 interviews, each 45ish minutes long. It was a long day to say the least but overall, my experience was good.

Interview Questions

• I cant really give out the questions I was asked, however, I can say I was asked 6 or 7 different coding questions, ranging in difficulty. However, they were all fairly difficult   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a phone screen interview and I was asked about my previous projects.
    Questions on Relative layout and Linear layout, how to display notifications on the screen. I was asked if I am familiar with libraries.

Interview Questions

• Basic android questions like, which one would you prefer using fragments or views and why?
       how to display notifications on screen.   4 Answers