Facebook Client Partner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Client Partner Interview Questions

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

I had my first call with a recruiter and after that was the hiring manager. From there, an in-person session was scheduled. The final process would have been a pitch but didn't get past the in-person interview. Even though I didn't get the job, thought it was a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest trend at Facebook in the past few years?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and was called by a recruiter a little over a week later. The recruiter call went well. I was even told how impressive my experiences are and that I should expect a call from the hiring manager within the next few days. A week later, no call. Reached back out to the recruiter, no response.. so... yeah.

Interview Questions

• Never got an official interview. Recruiting call was straight forward experience and interest questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend that works for Facebook, who submitted my resume. Two days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up time for a phone interview. During the 30 minute call, we went over my background and sales experience. The second round interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took about the same time. The interview was similar to the first one and consisted of general background questions. The final round of interviews took place at HQ, which was three 1:1 interviews, and one 1:2 mock sales pitch. Less than a week later, I was told I got the offer, which I was very excited to accept.

The whole process (from resume submission to offer) took about 3 weeks. I was recruiting at the top tech firms during this time and my experience at Facebook was by far the smoothest, fastest, and most professionally conducted (a pleasant surprise). It was because of this (along with the very attractive comp package) that I decided to accept the Facebook offer and I could not be happier!

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward and mostly general background/work experience oriented but there were some case-based and behavioral questions about working with teams and clients. The pitch was fun and relaxed- they just have you present a deck you've pitched before and they role-play the client.

I would recommend having an upbeat, positive vibe, studying and getting comfortable talking about FB products, listening to interviewer's prompts and feedback, and trying to have a good time- the culture fit is just as important as the role fit!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I felt the interview process was handled very well. It went smoothly and the I felt the recruiting team communicated clearly and regularly with me. I had one phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manger in CA. I was then brought in to meet with 5 people in the Austin office.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite interview most everyone I met with did a resume walk and asked how my experience related to what they were doing at facebook. They all asked very few questions about what I knew about facebook ads which surprised me. I thought they would push me harder to see how up to date on was on the latest developments at facebook. In many ways I felt over prepared. I did a regular interview with 3 people and then gave a sales pitch to 2 people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of 1:1, then a group presentation. Then an additional series of 1:1 interviews where they are seeking different ways to get at the core of what motivates you and drives you.

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn, we scheduled some calls. After that I was introduced to the team for some calls, on-site interview sessions & a presentation. Once all this was done, Facebook extended an offer, reached out to my referrals and did a background check.

Interview Questions

• If you join, how will you drive impact on the short term? And the long term?
      What value will you bring to the team on a short and long term?   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Interview

Recruitment person had quite poor English so understanding her was difficult. Process took about 6 weeks with long delays in between calls and face to face.

The line manager who eventually interviewed me was quite arrogant and unclear as to what he was looking to achieve I found.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Facebook   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed to resemble a marathon race more than an interview for a job at a tech company - 3 months of interviewing which were comprised of:
    1. Phone interview with a recruiter from the Ireland office
    2. In-office interview with hiring manager (30 min)
    3. In-office interview with another manager in the office, not related to the job (30 min)
    4. In-office presentation (10 min) about a case based on a potential client - goal is to pitch how and why Facebook marketing is relevant for that client. The cases were a digital bank trying to target a specific market segment and also switch clients to online banking. The other case was an e-commerce merchant thinking of penetrating a new territory.
    5. Step 4 followed on the same day by an interview with the hiring manager's manager (30 minutes)
    6. Penultimate round of interviews with local office's manager

I didn't make it past step 6 - after that there's a final interview with an MD of the greater area. Only one candidate passes to that round.

I had to chase the recruiter throughout the process to know if I made it to the next rounds - twice, it was when I called her that I learned I passed and she then referred me to schedule the next interview. VERY unprofessional, completely NOT what I would expect from a company with such reputation and stature. The process seemed tedious for no good reason, too many short, shallow interviews - it's as if there's no power of hiring for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Here's a full breakdown of the questions I was asked at each interview/round:

First Interview (after phone screening)
      - What products/services are better advertised on FB?
      - If you had a 10 client portfolio, of the same industry, and the information of all the advertising campaigns they ran on FB in the past 3 years, how would you conduct a SWOT analysis?

Second Interview
      - What's the advantage to advertising with FB?
      - If there's a new startup you've heard of would you take them as a new client? why?
      - What companies currently advertise on FB in this country?
      - How do you understand the role? Do you feel comfortable speaking in front of an audience?
      - You're hired, you get your portfolio of clients, how do you approach it? what do you do first? how do you divide your time between the various clients?
      - What are the weaknesses of FB as perceived by its potential clients?
      - Are you more of an Excel/Powerpoint kind of girl?
      - What C-level exec would you aspire to be?

Third Round
      What is an attribution model?
      Does google have any advantage on Facebook in attribution?
      Tell me about a time where you used your consultative and sales skills.
      Tell me about a situation where you had to work with someone you were in good terms or didn't get a long with
      Let's say you're going for a quarterly review meeting with a client - what do you want to cover in that meeting? If you had a presentation with a table of contents - what would that say?

Fourth Round
      Why this position?
      What do you like about the local tech scene?
      What don't you like?
      What should your last employer change or do differently?
      Are you more technical or analytical?
      Do you have a background of presenting in front of people?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minutes each, with 4 separate people, each one asked different things - one about teamwork/cooperation, one about sales knowledge, one about client services skills/wins/difficult situations, one more about general skills/fit.

Interview Questions

• If you had to name one company with strong potential to target as a sales prospect, who would it be?   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Unfortunately I had an extremely unprofessional experience with a facebook recruiter, which turned out to be an utter disgrace. I knew a recruiter at facebook and dropped them an email for a position i saw. No response. I followed up with another email, but this time copying in a senior facebook employee. I got a response within 30 min saying that she wasn't the recruiter who looked after this position, but her colleague. Emailed him and we agreed to schedule a telephone interview the following Monday.
    On Monday at the agreed time, no call. Turned out that Monday was a bank holiday in Ireland. Can happen, perhaps he forgot when we scheduled the call so I dropped him an email to reschedule the calI. I was surprised to see that I got his OOO message saying he was on holidays for the entire week?! I was flabbergasted. A bank holiday, sure maybe he forgot about that, but if you go on a holiday abroad with your wife and kid...that's not something you forget. Week later I chased him with emails and phone calls, but he never responded and ducked my calls. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed with the recruitment process. Expect a certain level of professionalism from FB, but the truth is sadly different.