Facebook Developer Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very difficult 3 phone interviews and 5 on site interviews. Asked very obscure systems questions. The programming phone screen was a lot more than I was expecting. Not only was it solve a real world problem in 25 min for each problem. It had to be the optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• Name all of the TCP packet flags?
    Explain how kexec works?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in July 2016.

Interview

I received a message from a recruiter at Facebook asking to schedule some time to talk over the phone. During the phone call, he went over the job description. He then asked me some multiple choice questions. The questions were mostly front-end based questions. 400 error, meta tags etc. He also asked some simple OOP questions. After I passed that portion, he sent me a simple Fizz-buzz question. He had to run my solution through a developer and once they approved it, we scheduled an over the phone technical interview.

The over the phone interview wasn't. the developer talked with me about the job and day-to-day duties. We went over 2 coding questions. The first one took me a little bit longer than I would have liked to solve. The second question wasn't to bad as I have seen that question before. It didn't take me to long to finish that. I didn't get the good feeling that the developer liked my solutions even after I talked him through it. It just sucks that they expect everyone to code at the same speed (fast). Rather than basing it off of personality and thought process.

It's been about 3 days now and I still haven't heard back from them, which I expected. If I do hear back, I will update the post.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, return pairs whose sum is K   1 Answer
    • 2 Dates down to the hour & minutes, 10 day SLA Period, Exclude saturday & Sunday.

With those 2 dates calculate if the ticket is outside of the SLA period. Don't count saturday & sunday as part of the amount of days.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a recruiter. First level technical screen was done by the recruiter. After I cleared this test, the next was a phone screen with an engineer in the team. The whole process was very professional and smooth.

The phone screen had 2 coding questions that I had to solve in 1 hour. They were easy. Read leetcode if you want to crack facebook interviews. I solved both the problems, but my code missed edge cases. I think they want people who can get it right perfectly in the first go(which is kind of expected ). My bad luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was originally approached by a recruiter by the name of Turner via Linked In. He was very courteous, explained the position to me in full detail and asked me if I was interested. I told him I was, and was scheduled for a phone/collabedit interview. I thought it went really well and later heard back from Turner saying they wanted to fly me in for a second interview. Travel plans were made with ease and I headed down to San Fran for an interview and made a long weekend out of it. The Facebook campus was absolutely beautiful and the culture there just seems amazing. I met with three different people there and ended with a presentation. It was about a 4-5 hour process. In the end, my nerves took over in the technical portion of the interview taking me longer than expected to answer the questions. I attribute that to why I was not offered the position but will soon know more when Turner debriefs me. I may have not been a right fit for this position but hope to apply to more in the near future. Everyone at Facebook was extremely nice, the interviews were comfortable and I can only wish that I can work there some day.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty straight forward. Mid-Level coding questions. Can't get into details because of the NDA but most of the questions were already here. String/Array manipulation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

First off, after submitting an application for the job, I chose from a set of three options to do a programming test. I didn't finish the problem (it was a hard one to get my head around), but I think I was on the right track. I didn't hear back for a couple weeks or so after first applying, so I assumed my answer was deemed insufficient.

Much to my surprise, I received an email from one of the recruiters, wanting to set up an initial screening interview. After the phone screen with the recruiter, I also had an interview with one of the members of the team I was applying to, which primarily consisted of doing two programming problems. Both problems were pretty simple and I must have done well, as they asked me to come out for an on-site interview. Thus I crammed myself into a seat on the airplane and flew out for the interview.

All in all I had three "formal" interviews during the day, plus a more informal lunch and tour. The first interview pretty much was to gauge my ability as a programmer, to see if I knew what I was talking about. I believe I did pretty good here, although I completely blanked when trying to answer a question regarding RESTful services. It's something I could have figured out pretty quickly looking at code, but not something I was going to answer very well there, as I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to some of the terminology.

The second interview was more of a test of my problem solving skills. I think I did pretty well here as well, although it a bit difficult, as I was expecting a bit more guidance and feedback from the interviewer as I was going through the problem.

The third interview was with the team's supervisor, and I believe this was to get a feel for what kind of employee I would be, and if I would be a good fit for the team. I think I rambled on for far too long about my job history, and the interviewer was unable to get to everything they wanted to in the short amount of time we had.

The lunch was delicious and the tour was interesting. I enjoyed the chat during the lunch and tour with the employee who accompanied me, and I think I came off pretty well.

After lunch, I had to give a presentation to what the rest of the team that I would hopefully be joining. I believe I did a decent job with the presentation, considering limitations I had encountered due to some technical issues I had. The group in the presentation had a couple questions, then left. I was then quickly shuttled out of the building by one of the recruiters. I got the feeling that the interviews hadn't gone as well as I had thought they were going, and that I would not be joining the team. Granted, that may just have been my sometimes pessimistic nature.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions I encountered were particularly difficult. I suppose the question about ways to see if someone is defrauding a contest built off of Facebook's API was a head scratcher of a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position in New York City. After having scheduled a phone interview, I was informed that the New York City position had been cancelled and the only one available was in Menlo Park, CA. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and fair. They outlined the position and responsibilities, and what a Developer Support Engineer's role would be in the company. Unfortunately given the new location of the job I had to decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online then after 4 weeks was asked for phone chat, a url link was sent by email to pick date and time, during the chat the recruiter explained the position of which 50% follow up with developers and rest 50% focus on coding tools mixed with machine learning projects, recruiter also asked about expected salary . after few days email was sent to setup interview with team member and technical interview

Interview Questions

• Q and A: HTML tags, Abstract class and OOP, Big O notation, difference between php, java, javascript, DNS, graph API, equilibrium coding   1 Answer

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied job online via Facebook career and after two weeks, received the email for phone interview from Facebook headquarter. The interviewer is very helpful and friendly. First, They asked about general interview questions such as why Facebook and what's your aspiration. Then I was asked the multiple choices question on web technologies and programming knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Multiple choices about web technologies and programming   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very standard process. I applied online through their job site, multiple times as the position was advertised a few independent times. Got an email from a recruiter about three months later. Had an initial screening call with very simple technical questionnaire questions('What is the Java keyword for a member you can access without an instance of the class?', etc) and discussing the role. They also asked for a desired salary in this call, which surprised me.

Next week had a video interview with a member currently in the DSE team. More in-depth technical interview, using a shared online text editor. It was scheduled for an hour but I felt I got on well with the interviewer and we ended up talking a lot and going about 15 minutes over.

Next an on-site was setup. At this point the recruiter also straight-up asked me for my salary at my current job. For the on-site, I had to prepare a 15-minute presentation "on a technical subject interesting to you" and present it. I felt there wasn't much guidance for this, but then again, I didn't ask for any- I'm sure they would have given more if I needed it. On the day of the on-site, I met the five interviewers and gave the presentation to them, after which we had a Q&A. After that, each of the interviewers had a half hour one-on-one with me, one after the other. One was another technical interview, on a whiteboard. The rest were general conversations. It was about three hours with no breaks. I enjoyed meeting them and learned a lot about the role, and felt we got on well.

After the interview, I followed up with the recruiter after a couple of weeks of hearing nothing(it was over the Christmas break though, so understandable). Eventually they told me I had been unsuccessful. Recruiter never got back to me about giving more detailed feedback. Overall an interesting experience, and a pretty standard interview process for this type of company. I felt what let me down was a lack of experience- I had the 'on-paper' amount for the role, but I struggled a bit to have anecdotes and examples to give when talking in the interview; or I didn't project enough passion about the role, not sure.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of sorted lists, merge them into a single sorted list.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a recruiter. First level technical screen was done by the recruiter. The next was a phone screen with an engineer in the team. The phone screen had 2 coding questions. None of the questions were difficult. The interviewer also asked general questions such as why Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, return true if the array contains a pair whose sum is K. return false otherwise.   2 Answers