Facebook Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone screen w/recruiter- lasted over 30 mins. She asked very clear and poingnant questions that I had to really think twice about. Very focused questions, clearly w/pre-thought around pre-screening. Good start, always good to see they are stringent in how they hire people.

My answer to "what will your current employer do to retain you" probably did not convince her. Got an email a week later I was not in the running.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 individuals. Interview process very disorganized. Recruiter could not find a conference room. One interviewer didn't make it in to work that day, so we interviewed over by phone. There was general confusion as to what the essential responsibilities of the actual role were going to be and the reporting structure. The last interview, with the attorney, argued that the position wasn't really needed and he didn't know what HR was thinking.

The final meeting (with the attorney upstairs), was in an office akin to a 60's love nest--stereo, bar, cushions on the floor.

I left thinking their recruiting and interviewing proccess could sure use some refinement.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions: So - tell me about yourself.....   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume to facebook through the careers page on their site. About a week later, I received a call from an internal recruiter. The initial phone interview lasted between 20-30 minutes. A few days later, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I met with three people for about 30 minutes each.

The next day, I received an email letting me know that I was out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some challenges you've faced recently in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

My interview process was short. It consisted of two separate 30 minute phone interviews with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. The interview with the recruiter was standard other than the fact that the interviewer was switched at the last moment and so the recruiter had not even seen my resume. I was a little surprised at the lack of rigor but I suspect they are very busy. The second interview was a couple of days later with the hiring manager who turned out to be extremely rigorous and took careful note to dissect my skills and probe my weaknesses. I was caught off guard due to my experience with the recruiter, so please be sure to not let this happen to you.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions that I could not answer directly due to confidentiality issues to protect my current company.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter for the role. Set up a time to discuss about it. Quite disappointed with the call as she was not able to explain the role clearly. When probed about the structure of the team, she replied that she was just helping out a colleague, so has not idea about the team.
    She was friendly, but other than that I can't imagine being part of a HR team that wasn't prepare and seems nonchalant. I declined to be consider further for the role.