Facebook Interview Questions in Hyderabad | Glassdoor

3.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

I was being hired for the first batch in a new office location so the interview rounds were tougher and many in number. Totally I had 7 conversations with 7 different people. The focus is on three main aspects - culture fit, knowledge of /experience in the business segment and analytical/behavioural analysis.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure of yours and what did you take away from that experience.
      What is your most memorable success moment?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First level was hackerrank coding question named balances.
    Second was a telephonic interview which lasted for an hour.
    The third and final round was a video call. This is the most tricky one, they just dont want correct answer but also a coding standard they could like.

Interview Questions

• Add two binary numbers given as two strings.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

One written round and two technical interview.
    Written round - A lot of questions on SQL and advanced excel; a few aptitude questions.
    Intermediate knowledge of SQL would suffice.
    Technical Interviews - Write SQL queries to pull data. Questions on excel and about any tool you have mentioned in our resume. Make sure that you know every single thing you have mentioned on your resume

Interview Questions

• SQL query to find the nth highest salary
      Questions related to vlookup, Iferror, offset   1 Answer

Escalations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Total of 6 interview rounds. First 2 are phone screening and the next 4 were on-site interviews (3 over video-call and 1 face-to-face). The first call was just to understand my job profile better and get to know what exactly I am into. The second call is a screening round, to test whether I would be able to face the actual interview rounds. The rest 4 interviews are with people involved with the process and who have a better idea about the skills required for the job.

Interview Questions

• When do you feel challenged or stressed?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It's took one week , I got a call from consultancy they said there is a opening in facebook (contract) and payslips by name of that consultancy. This role is for python developer most likely to work on Python, SQL, Binary search trees.

Interview Questions

• Python Qs: 1. Write Program to get the most frequency occurring in file? 2. Given a list and a number find two numbers in the list that sums up to the number given? 3. Write Program to print a tree in level order traversal? 4. Write a function that accept the file, count and return the exact occurrence of a word based on count? 5. List a=[ 1,2,3 none, none] list b=[4,5,3] Output=[1,4,2,5,3,3] ? Sql Qs: Given Employee & Department tables 1. Display ename,dname even if there no employees working in a particular department. 2. List out the lowest paid employees working under each manager, exclude any groups where minsal is less than 1000, sort the output by salary 3. Display the name of employee who earn Highest Salary 4. Display the employee Number and name for employee working as clerk and earning highest salary among the clerks. 5. Display the job groups having Total Salary greater than the maximum salary for Managers. 6. Display the names of employees from department number 10 with salary greater than that of ANY employee working in other departments. 7. Display those employees whose salary is greater than his managers salary. 8. Display the grade and employees name for the deptno 10 or 30 but grade is not 4 while joined the company before 31-DEC-82. 9. Display the Second maximum salary from the table using subquery. 10. Display those employees whose salary is less than his manager but more than salary of other managers. Excel Qs: Given Employee & Department tables 1. Count number of employees whose salary is greater than 20000 2. Get chemistry dept employees total salary 3. what are the use of charts - Pie chart, Bar chart, Line chart, Pivot table, Con(bar & live). 4. Given 2 tables. Fill sales column using HLookup.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Good, the interviewer was helpful. One has to write the perfect code on one go. Not much help should be expected as the questions are standard questions. This was part of the first interview. I got selected for the next interview. The interview lasted for around 50min. Few questions were asked about my resume etc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, find if sum of any two numbers from the array is equal to zero.   1 Answer

Full Time-Ads Analyst Ads Integrity Facebook Hyderabad India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Through Careers page like anybody else. I applied there and people from all over India too did that. Then I was asked to write an online test of 45-Minutes and I passed that And later was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this role?   3 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to know basic of my profile. They shared details with FB hr then my profile short listed and they set up interview round. Before set up interview HR asked me basic technical question on SQL, Excel and Python. I was not able to give correct answer python domain so She shortlisted my profile for SQL and Excel.

In telephonic Interview round there was two phase.
    First Phase was on aptitude and general understanding of FB.
    Second was technical round, It was run for 40-45 min on SQL and Excel.

Interview Questions

• SQL : Difference between drop, delete and truncate? Having vs Where? Union vs Join?

Excel: Dived data in columns by separator, Delete duplicate rows, Pivot table all it functionalities, Many Excel function and their parameters

Aptitude: How many cars on rode in your city? How many iphone needed to fill one bus? Explain Fb to some one who don't know anything about internet? Why you want join FB? Suggestion to improve FB?   1 Answer

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a call from consultancy for 1yr C2H position in Facebook, Hyderabad in Oct-2015. 1st round was 1hr written test (python, sql, excel). 2nd round same day for 2hrs, asked more questions from python, dynamic programming, OS concepts, Db concepts. 3rd round around 2hr was also technical round with all puzzle Qs logic to written in python, complex sql queries.
    Last HR round was telephonic, salary negotiation, accepted offer to join in 1month time.

Interview Questions

• Python Qs:
      1. Write Program to get the most frequency occurring in file?
      3. Write Program to print a tree in level order traversal?
      5. List a=[ 1,2,3 none, none] list b=[4,5,3] Output=[1,4,2,5,3,3] ?

Sql Qs: Given Employee & Department tables
      3. Display the name of employee who earn Highest Salary
      7. Display those employees whose salary is greater than his managers salary.
      9. Display the Second maximum salary from the table using subquery.

Excel Qs: Given Employee & Department tables
      1. Count number of employees whose salary is greater than 20000
      2. Get chemistry dept employees total salary
      4. Given 2 tables. Fill sales column using HLookup.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

1 recruiter phone interview
    1 business phone interview
    4 Onsite interviews by possible peers and superiors

The recruiter was amazing. Kept me informed all through the process, closed the loop with me every step of the way. Some interviewers were very friendly and others were poker faced but questions were all relevant and tough

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at FB
      Prior experience