Facebook Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.1

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It is about 45 mins. 5 mins to introduce myself and why you choose Facebook. Two technique questions are asked during the interview, mainly about data structure and algorithms. Not very hard but tricky.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

applied, then get a email back set up time issue for an phone interview.
    waited for about two weeks, the entire process take within a month.
    it was nice and quick, their HR is really good and friendly.
    but the interviewer was pretty bad, heavy accent and not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, and a coding question. easy i'd say, but did not get offer.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

Two round phone interviews for the internship. The first one is hard, the second one is quite easy, really depend on interviewers. I passed the first one but fail in the second for some unknown reason;( Don't care that much, luck is as important.

Interview Questions

• Find path in a grid with obstacles from one end to the other   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Overall, the process was executed very well. Facebook flew the candidates down to their headquarters at Menlo Park. There, candidates received a tour of the campus as well as an opportunity to speak with the current employees about the position. The actual interview was very relaxed and had many typical behavioral questions regarding teamwork in addition to problem solving questions in which the candidate provides solutions and ideas to better improve Facebook social media platform or another product.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had a conflict and needed to influence somebody else.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

University Day, visit the Facebook campus.
    First, check in
    Then wait for the technical interview, which lasted for 45 mins.
    Then the recruiter took us to have the lunch and visit the campus.

Interview Questions

• Ask about my resume, then ask me three algorithm questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (London, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

didnt happen- i applied early on but unfortunately it was too late so i couldn't get an offer- next time i recommend to apply even earlier as this really truly does make a difference

Interview Questions

• they asked me about how many windows are there in this known galaxy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially heard from my recruiter a few weeks after submitting my application. She setup a phone interview with one of their engineers. Overall, the question was pretty standard (Leetcode medium) and the interviewer was really responsive and helped to clarify some things. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited on-site to their Menlo Park offices. I flew out there a few weeks later, on their dime. The day consisted of a tour and a lot of information about the program and a 45 minute interview. I signed an NDA and can't say much about it, but the questions were pretty standard. I unfortunately got a bit too nervous and didn't perform as well as I could. I got a phone call from my recruiter the following Monday that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Facebook?
      Q: Given a list of integers, find all sets of 3 integers that sum to 0   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

they call me by the phone, and we have a phone interview for 45mins , I think I am good and all of questions are anwersed, but I failed, I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• clone graph conver bst to linked list   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email from a recruiter two weeks later. A week later I had a phone screen with an engineer, and a few days after found out I was rejected. Overall, I was really happy with how quickly Facebook went through the process--definitely makes me more interested in wanting to work there!

Interview Questions

• Dynammic programming question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

If you pass the first Skype interview you move to the second (round 2). Expect to code!

I was offered a chance to interview after applying online. I'd suggest reading CTCI like it's your bible because my problem was literally a variation of one of the problems in the DP chapter; of course I didn't study the book. :^)

Interview Questions

• Distinct paths from one the origin of a 2D array to the end of the 2D array. Optimize the problem so that it isn't exponentially timed.   2 Answers