Facebook Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.1

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I have received an interview after only a second application (2 months after the first one). One talk with recruiter, then another two with software engineeres. They were very nice however asked hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Find a cycle in linked list;   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Champaign, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

45 minute phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer at all. Had to have him repeat every single thing he said back to me. Didn't explain the question clearly and would interject while I was speaking with random tidbits that he "forgot to mention".

Interview Questions

• Give all possible letter combinations from a phone number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a month. Phone screen and then Skype interviews. The phone screen was nice. The interviewer was very polite and kind. Emphasis was mainly on my activities outside the classroom and what I will actually contribute to facebook.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took the offer as it was given. It was a great offer!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and my school had their own internship application program but they decided not to use that. Instead, the HR called me and asked me some typical HR questions, which I was able to answer, and then she scheduled me with a manager for further evaluation. She also told me there would be 2 rounds of tech interviews which I thought was weird of an internship..

Interview Questions

• So dev manager was asking about algorithms and I was able to answer most of them. But then he asked something about NP completeness which I had no clue what it was about.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Interview

Interview asked me to answer a programming question on the spot. Had to write out code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (London, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

didnt happen- i applied early on but unfortunately it was too late so i couldn't get an offer- next time i recommend to apply even earlier as this really truly does make a difference

Interview Questions

• they asked me about how many windows are there in this known galaxy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with a Facebook employee. Asked me one technical question. The question was kinda tough and did not expect such a question in a short interview. The interviewer himself did not seem very experienced and was not very helpful in giving hints or helping me out. Moreover, later on, when I was writing the solution, he started ignoring what I was talking and starting browsing his phone, which was kind of insulting. During the solution designing process, he was more leaning towards finding out flaws in what I was saying rather than helping me out

Interview Questions

• Ordering of letters in different sets   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email from a recruiter two weeks later. A week later I had a phone screen with an engineer, and a few days after found out I was rejected. Overall, I was really happy with how quickly Facebook went through the process--definitely makes me more interested in wanting to work there!

Interview Questions

• Dynammic programming question   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was for a Data Engineering intern position in London.
    One initial phone screen for fit and then 2 coding interviews using Coderpad. First one was SQL, second one Python.

I suggest using LeetCode for practice questions. Be familiar with Coderpad and programming on the phone. Get the fundamentals right as they aren't asking very difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL - 6 questions using joins, subqueries, etc on a customer sales database. The last couple of questions were quite tricky. I would suggest going through SQLzoo and LeetCode Database questions.

Python - 6 questions testing knowledge on lists, dictionaries etc.
      Write a histogram function for a list of word (frequency -> dictionary)
      Flatten lists (recursion)
      Remove duplicates in a list
      Find nth percentile in a list
      Convert decimal to binary without inbuilt functions
      Count words in a sentence   1 Answer