Facebook Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The first portion of the interview process was a phone interview. It was a ridiculous trick coding problem that I think was just to see how I would approach it. My interviewer was incredibly unhelpful and ignored several of my questions. He seemed very distracted, and I could hear crinkling and chewing while I was working, so I'm assuming he was eating while interviewing me. Very unprofessional and unexpected from a company of Facebook's caliber.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Facebook?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and exchanged quite a few emails. Initially I was asked a few behavioral questions through email. Once those questions were answered, the recruiter asked me to schedule the 1st telephonic interview. I was asked just one question which was a real world problem based on Data Structures. The interviewer emphasized on the complexity of the program. It went well but I took a lot of time. Got a reject within 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

One 45-min interview with a Facebook engineer about algorithms. Plus there was a tour and Q&A panel about the internship at Facebook. The whole onsite interview started at 11am and ended at 4pm,

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met Facebook at my college career fair. Later I received an invitation for an on-campus interview, which lasted 45 minutes. After passing this, went to Menlo Park for on-site interviews. This consisted of a 45 minute interview and then a couple hours of touring around the facebook campus.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

Facebook recruiting is the worst I have gone through so far. They are non responsive to your emails for any clarifications about the application status. My HR is the worst of all the bad things that could happen to you. On the contrary the interviewers for tech rounds were really friendly and I got back my results pretty fast. It was only during the Hiring Manager phase when things got ugly. I would highly recommend FB to take care while recruiting your HR people. A very big negative experience with FB. I can clearly see why software engineers are preferring companies like Pinterest and Google that have a way better friendly HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

You get a phone call where they ask the typical getting to know you questions and then two technical ones. I only got to one question and it covered the concepts of permutations and recursion. I had been prepping for trees so was a little thrown off.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and did a first round interview at my school. Passed that one and was invited for onsite interviews at Menlo Park where I had another 45 minute interview and a tour around the campus. All the recruiters were really friendly and helpful throughout the process. They all seemed to be enthusiastic about the company and did their best to reassure candidates before interviews.

Interview Questions

• My first interview was a Leetcode hard involving dynamic programming and the onsite was two shorter Leetcode easy/medium questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview to confirm my resume. After that a phone interview with an engineer from Menlo Park.

The interview was simple and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Simple combinatorial generation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

Was asked one question over the phone. I applied online. It was hard to understand the interviewers accent. It was a technical interview. The question was that hard and I got it right.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Had some behavioral questions about my resume at the beginning then went to coding problems. Although the easy questions were easy, the interviewer built off of them and asked interesting follow ups which I enjoyed. Interviewers were the nicest and most down to earth compared to other companies like Microsoft or Google.

Interview Questions

• They were basic algorithm questions: linked list, array, trees. Had 3 questions in total: 2 leetcode easy and 1 medium.   Answer Question