Facebook Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

You get a phone call where they ask the typical getting to know you questions and then two technical ones. I only got to one question and it covered the concepts of permutations and recursion. I had been prepping for trees so was a little thrown off.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met Facebook at my college career fair. Later I received an invitation for an on-campus interview, which lasted 45 minutes. After passing this, went to Menlo Park for on-site interviews. This consisted of a 45 minute interview and then a couple hours of touring around the facebook campus.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and did a first round interview at my school. Passed that one and was invited for onsite interviews at Menlo Park where I had another 45 minute interview and a tour around the campus. All the recruiters were really friendly and helpful throughout the process. They all seemed to be enthusiastic about the company and did their best to reassure candidates before interviews.

Interview Questions

• My first interview was a Leetcode hard involving dynamic programming and the onsite was two shorter Leetcode easy/medium questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview to confirm my resume. After that a phone interview with an engineer from Menlo Park.

The interview was simple and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Simple combinatorial generation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

Was asked one question over the phone. I applied online. It was hard to understand the interviewers accent. It was a technical interview. The question was that hard and I got it right.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Had some behavioral questions about my resume at the beginning then went to coding problems. Although the easy questions were easy, the interviewer built off of them and asked interesting follow ups which I enjoyed. Interviewers were the nicest and most down to earth compared to other companies like Microsoft or Google.

Interview Questions

• They were basic algorithm questions: linked list, array, trees. Had 3 questions in total: 2 leetcode easy and 1 medium.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was set up in university. I was super happy that Facebook was interviewing so many people but I also heard they weren't hiring anyone. Don't know why they raised so many of our goes. The HR department was also kind of janky where one recruiter was handling atleast 50 candidates leading so late conflict resolutions etc.

Interview date comes, super pumped. The interviewer seemed like a friendly guy. Asked a few questions about my projects then jumped into technical questions. Solved all of them in the best complexity.

Now when an interviewer asks three questions and you solve all three in best complexity and finish in 45 minutes, you feel like you're all set, but nope. I don't know if they're looking for perfect candidate's who have 0 error on their code, but soon got a rejection. (From the same janky hr people who I had to email from my side to ask for the outcome)

Interview Questions

• Remove zeros leetcode   1 Answer
    • Design a binary tree class and write a function to get a deepcopy of the tree   1 Answer
    • Make a binary tree in order iterator   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Had a pretty bad experience overall. Interviewer seemed disinterested. I was given a single coding problem to solve on a whiteboard in 45 min and the interviewer was on his laptop most of the time. Question was pretty difficult and had a dynamic programming optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• How many string representations are there for an int (ex. 12432) where a->1, b->2, ... z->26.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked a little bit about a school project I recently completed and then went on to a coding problem. The interviewer was really nice, and patient with me while I worked through my solution.

Interview Questions

• Sort a binary tree into an array.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple process. For me Facebook did one phone technical interview, and then one in person technical interview at their office. I honestly don't think it's a very hard process, and if you put in a bit of effort you can probably get the job. For me personally, this was my first interview and I choked, but had I done it similarly to my following interviews I think I would have got the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall if they had a confidentiality clause, so I'm not going to say, but honestly all the questions were easy.   Answer Question