Facebook Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,535 of over 7.5K interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    12 Answers
1838 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in Mar 2021

Interview

1. I got a call from FB Recruiter who found me through linkedin, and had first discussion of general experience and also asked 5 basic SQL and python questions. 2. Next round is 1hr technical interview, where code will be written in coderpad. Interviewer is very helpful and it is more like a conversation, rather than interview. Some basic hints for python coding is also there which you can refer in case you stuck somewhere. The questions are all available in Glassdoor here. Please refer them and practice well.

Interview Questions
  • Python questions: 1. Replace None value with previous value present in a list. 2. Given a ´dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one. 3. Given two sentences, you have to print the words those are not present in either of the sentences.(If one word is present twice in 1st sentence but not present in 2nd sentence then you have to print that word too) 4. Forgot another question you have to pass all the cases, specially on edge cases. SQL questions: 1. Mostly % calculation, also refer the questions available here in Glassdoor. Next will be my Onsite Interview of 3.30hr. If anyone can help me on that or else I will update later on that interview as well.
29 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
14 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

The interview process is long. You are apart of a panel of 6 different interviewers once you pass the recruiter. After you have completed the 6 round panel, then the recruiter and hiring manager will meet up and have a discussion . The hiring manager might request for another interview, at which you will have the opportunity to ask more questions

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Too hard and tedious Very selective of its candidates A lot of time to prepare for the interview especially since they are algorithmic questions, they focus on that with system design too if you're already an experienced software engineer

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

It was a fantastic interview process. Two interviewers were assigned and both asked me two programming questions. Mostly the programming questions are coding and design and it went really great. But there certainly were better applicants with better skills than I.

Interview Questions
  • What I am very strong in technically and coding on data structures.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Phone screening including behavioral questions and some basic technical questions. In the on-site interview three technical - coding, Sys design, machine learning design and two behavioral - career and project retrospective

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was directly assigned for a coding interview. Unfortunately, the interviewer did not care very much, he was eating during the interview and did not show his face on the camera. This was very discouraging.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter. Scheduled an initial phone interview but never showed up. He later sent me an email to re-schedule another time. I replied and never heard anything back.

2 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Been reached out by recruiters a few times and every time I speak to them, I'm so disappointed by their professionalism which discourages me from going to the next round. I can clearly tell they are just reading the prompt and they don't show any interest in talking to a candidate. How are you supposed to recruit talented people if FB puts the bad apples to the front line as a representative of the company? FB seriously needs to work on raising the bar for recruiters.

Interview Questions
  • How do you measure success of news feeds? What kind of feature do you wish to add on Instagram?
2 people found this interview helpful