Facebook Front End Engineer, Infrastructure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Front End Engineer, Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was a 10 month contract through a staffing agency. In order to get an in-person interview I answered a 4 question written test that was emailed to me. In my opinion, the questions were not very well thought out and did not reflect well on the hiring process I was about to enter. At least one of the questions was actually relevant to the position for which I was interviewing. Though it was rather trivial.

The in-person interview was three 45 minute sessions, each of which consisted entirely of solving a programming problem on the whiteboard. The questions were not relevant to the task I would be performing if hired. They were just generic algorithms off of somebody's Comp Sci 101 test.

Unfortunately I suck at the "solve an irrelevant problem in a prison cell interrogation environment" so I did not get a call back. Fortunately this weakness hasn't prevented me from having an extremely successful career. Just not at any of the companies that utilize this lazy man's approach to interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to compute the square root of a number without using any built-in functions.   2 Answers
  • Given 2 very large numbers, each of which is so large it can only be represented as an array of integers, write a function to multiply them.   3 Answers
  • Write a function to display a JSON string in pretty format.   Answer Question