Facebook Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.1

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2012.

Interview

Had a short phone talk with the recruiter, then he arranged an on-site interview. It had two rounds and each round has a main interviewer and a shadow. But it seemed that they don't coordinate well... the first interviewer thought I am seeking a full-time position and the second interviewer almost forgot the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are related data structures and algorithms.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

One phonecall interview followed by another one (since it was too far to fly there for the second interview). Everyone was nice and following up was easy. Passed first interview, but didn't pass the second one.

Interview Questions

• Easy array problems for first interview.   1 Answer
    • Difficult level Leetcode problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screening where I was asked to solve write two codes on a notepad. I solved the first but struggled with the second. The interviewer was very helpful in helping me write codes.

Interview Questions

• What programming language are you most familiar with?   Answer Question
    • What's the biggest challenge in IT?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with an engineer located in Mountain View. Contacted directly by a recruiter in Boston and scheduled an interview with an engineer elsewhere. All correspondence was efficient and friendly, the engineer I spoke to was receptive to questions and even somewhat critical of the company which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to record the largest ascending sequence, given an array of integers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Was really nice and patient. Introduce yourself then he gave me a question about binary tree to print out as array. Also mentioned corner cases. Remeber to ask question to clarify. Unfortunately i did not get offer. Since i was too nervous. BTW use your most proficent language. be prepare for extra problems as wellSince i was too nervous. BTW use your most proficent language. be prepare for extra problems as well

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2018.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter and invited to interview over the phone. The interviewer wasn't very nice. It seemed like he was unprepared and making the question up on-the-spot. He wasn't very clear about what he wanted me to do.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, return a linked list made up of its nodes in-order.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2018.

Interview

I applied through a referral, then had 2 technical phone interviews, and finally an offer. All my questions were straight up leetcode medium, although i only found out after the fact (it's not that easy to do and remember all of those problems anyways, so don't fret!). extremely fast process. They contacted me the morning after my first interview and set up the second for the next week. The offer came 4 days after the second one.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2017.

Interview

One round of on-campus interview and then one on-site interview. Both interviews just one algorithm question, lasted total of ~45 min. Both interviewers very accommodating, and friendly process overall. Moved quickly and got back with offer within a few days of on-site interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2018.

Interview

He asked me technical questions straight. two of them were asked. The first one was easy while the second one was a little bit hard( clone graph). He was late a little bit but he was really friendly. After 4 days I got my result.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews: one on campus the second onsite at Menlo Park. The interviews were pretty easy, and the people were friendly. Relax and be confident in the interviews and you should do fine.