Facebook Software Engineer, Infrastructure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer, Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The recruiter from Texas was very kind, very friendly and very helpful. I passed the phone interview using collabedit.com. Then I had an onsite interview. The first interviewer asked me to code this problem: Write a function that takes 2 arguments: a binary tree and an integer n, it should return the n-th element in the binary tree in the inorder traversal. I struggled quite a bit. but got it right in the end. The second interviewer asked some network monitoring questions. He was not impressed. Then there was a fire alarm. Everybody vacated the building. A few days later, I was told that I was no longer a candidate.

They never asked qeustions about my past experiences. I guess the strange culture lives on. As long as FB is doing OK, there is no reason to change. I suppose.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes 2 arguments: a binary tree and an integer n, it should return the n-th element in the inorder traversal of the binary tree.   7 Answers