Facebook New Grad Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook New Grad Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

3.1

Data Engineer(New Grad) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Round 1 - 30 min call with recruiter to gauge the fundamental understanding of concepts in SQL + Python
    Round 2 - Phone Screen on Coderpad - Coding questions on SQL + Python
    Onsite Interviews - 3 full stack interviews + 1 lunch Interview
    The full stack interviews will involve - Identifying metrics,Data Modelling,Data Visualization,SQL query writing and Python coding

Interview Questions

• Given a Problem statement,had to figure out the KPI's immediately.   2 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

1st interview, with Facebook engineer, 45 min long, 5 min intro, 1 coding question. 2nd interview same format. They didnt care about chitchat or my skills just the coding question. Both had HORRIBLE accents very hard to understand. During coding questions they ask you questions about your solutions complexity and about the data structures in your solution. They wanted the most efficient solution. Both interviews were over the phone and coding was done on an online shared text editor called

Interview Questions

• Given list of (x,y) coordinates, an origin (o.x,o.y), and a number k find the k'th closest coordinate to the origin   1 Answer
    • Given a binary tree(not a binary search tree), create a doubly linked, circular link list with data in the same order as the In Order transversal of the tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a 45 mins phone interview through HR. Interviewer was quite friendly and gave good feedback. He also gave a good review for the code and my coding style. I gave optimal solutions to all 3 problems in the first go. I dont know if that might have affected the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Create copy of LinkedList   2 Answers
    • Create all possible subsets subsets of given set.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applies online and got a reference. Soon after received an email to schedule a phone conversation for a technical screen. Did coding on coderpad on a question which was:
    Find the minimum distance to a leaf node in a binary tree
    Had a short conversation on resume and projects and what Im looking for as well.

Interview Questions

• Find the minimum distance to a leaf node in a binary tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter through Linkedin. The recruiter got back to me and gave me the email of the person in charge of interviewing the students of my school. I sent an email to the guy in charge and he got back to me in 15 mins. He let me know that he will be forwarding my resume and I will hear back for an interview. I had a 1 hour phone interview with a software engineer. Unfortunately, I did not go further than this.

Interview Questions

• Given a decimal number, find the number of 1s in its binary representation? Follow up: Can u solve this in O(1) run time and O(1) space.   3 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 4 days after my friend has referred me. Then the recruiter asked me to offer some available times to arrange a phone interview. I asked a rearrangement and the recruiter responded quickly. The phone interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Given an input array like [1,2,3] and a target like 5, find all combinations of array that sum up to target. [2,3] and [3,2] counts for only 1 combination.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I participated in a 45 minute on campus interview, then had an onsite interview in Menlo Park for Facebook University Day. There were 3 separate interviews on University Day; one personality & background interview, and 2 problem solving/whiteboard coding interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked not to share interview questions with outside sources   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was recruited, interviewed and screened, no offer. The questions were deceivingly simple. I'm not a classroom taught coder, so maybe I just didn't have the algorithm knowledge needed. Everyone was very nice and friendly, and I enjoyed all of my interactions though. I think it's hard to get your foot in the door and there are so many qualified individuals. Alas, Facebook is not for me I suppose.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you have worked on for computer science?   2 Answers

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and got the interview. It was a 45 minutes phone interview. The first question is standard and easy. The second question is more related to facebook. The interviewer is kind of helpful, but he seems have sth to do after the interview, so he cut off the line in about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview. 2 weeks after I was contacted by the recruiter.
    A brief introduction followed by coding question on coderpad. No need to complie.
    First, describe yourself. Why do u fit for this role.
    Coding question combinational sum.
    Follow up by time complexity and optimization solution.
    Ended with QA.

Interview Questions

• First, describe yourself. Why do u fit for this role.
      Coding question combinational sum.
      Follow up by time complexity and optimization solution.
      Ended with QA.