Facebook Operation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.2

210 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Operations Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Reading other people’s experiences for their interviews made me hopeful for my interview in a sense that they had a very professional and positive interview process, even for those that didn’t get an offer. However, my experience was nothing like that.

It started off with a recruiter calling me 3 minutes late and didn’t apologize for it. I didn’t make a big deal out of it but thought it was very unusual for someone being late to a meeting and didn’t even acknowledge it. I guess in my 6 years of being in a corporate setting, they apologized if they were late even a minute after the scheduled call or meeting. But I digress. We introduced ourselves and she didn’t seem too enthused to be on a call with me. She asked if it was still a good time for the call and I said yes. In hindsight, I should’ve said no since there was so much background noise that ended up being extremely distracting and a hindrance for us to hear each other.

She asked if I could share briefly about myself and experiences. As I shared, she stopped me to speak louder since she couldn’t hear me very well. Mind you, this whole time she didn’t bring up the loud noise around her. So I mentioned it that it’s very loud on her end. She apologized since people were bringing their families to work (it was on Halloween) and she couldn’t get a room. So I tried speaking louder but she still couldn’t hear me very well and I couldn’t hear her clearly and had to ask her to repeat her questions. And this whole time I was very distracted with people in the background laughing and talking loudly.
    Yes, I get it that FB culture is so fun and you’re all great but please, show some respect for others. If you’re conducting an interview, the least you can do is give the person your full attention. If you can’t find a room where you can hear the other person clearly (or pretend you’re interested in hearing them), then suggest another time.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter contacted me by email to set up an initial call. The first interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions as well as questions about user/product/market analysis. Having knowledge of basic market research methodology is essential.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to assess a feature's success?   Answer Question
    • Where would you test a new a feature? What characteristics would you look for in a particular region/city?   Answer Question

Media Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One initial phone interview then on sight interviews with 3 people. Really interesting and challenging questions, a lot more about your problem solving/situational rather then 'tell me' questions. At no point was I asked about my experiences, it was more about you showing them your skills.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone screening followed by phone interview with one of the managers. HR was great about communicating and moving the process along fairly quickly (about 1 week between phone interviews).

Business Integrity Analyst: Core Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out for a quick 20min phone interview which basically covered my background. Got scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager after which I got invited for an On-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were case study question based around Project Management. Their plan is to evaluate your overall thinking approach and problem solving skills. No technical questions at all.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I recently went through the interview process after being contacted by a recruiter. The process began with a phone screen followed by an onsite interview panel with six individuals 30 minutes each.

The recruiter was very helpful in describing the role, what the needs of the role are and who it reports to along with the individuals who I would be speaking with and what their roles are. The scheduling was perfect and everything ran on time. I enjoyed speaking with all the members of the panel and the questions were substantive for the most part, definitely one of the better prepared and executed interviews with things being on point. The only issue which was a bit foreboding was a question by one of the participants asking "are you getting close to retirement" which threw me off a bit although you have better chance of seeing a pterodactyl flying over Menlo Park then someone over 45 working at Facebook (and honestly anywhere in the valley), still you dont expect people to be so upfront about it. As expected no offer but overall a good experience but based on it would likely not entertain another recruiter call from them.

Business Integrity: Core Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter called to setup a phone interview. Hiring Manager called for a 30 min interview. Got scheduled for an onsite interview about a week later. I come from a technical background but the position wasn't technical at all. They were looking for a more project management background based on my observation from the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly behavioral and case study questions. "Tell us about a project you completed and what problems did you face and how did you overcome those problems"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter a day after applying for the role. The recruiter was very knowledgeable about the department's functions and areas and shared the team's role within Facebook. They basically asked me resume based questions and also an analytics based question.

Interview Questions

• Choose a Facebook product and explain how you'd measure its success and user adoption.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an excellent Facebook interview experience and felt engaged and taken care of throughout the process, though hearing back on the hiring decision took several days later than promised.

I had a friend refer me internally for the position. I was contacted by e-mail shortly after by a recruiter, followed by a phone screening with the recruiter. The next week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then about a month later, I had a video interview followed by an on-site interview. Before the interviews, I had a phone call with my recruiter to help prepare for the interviews.

My 30-minute video interview was with a team member in London. The first half was questions about my writing experience, and the second half was a writing and editing exercise.

I interviewed with three people on site, 30 minutes each, and met my recruiters several times during the day, including for lunch. The questions were challenging and related directly to examples of experiences in past and present positions.

I interviewed on a Monday and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, but actually heard back the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30, 60, 90 day and one year plan for this position?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you've had to mediate a conflict.   1 Answer

Analytics Project Manager, Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I only had an HR phone screen, but this process from initial scheduling email to final rejection took more than three weeks. The interviewer was nice and professional but seemed rushed. She kept starting questions with "very quickly, tell me about..." or "in thirty seconds, give me a brief summary...". So be mentally prepared to interview with someone who is clearly swamped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      Describe recent projects you've worked on from start to finish
      On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself in SQL
      Facebook feature that you like, how would you improve it, how would you gather a team to work on it   1 Answer