Facebook Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an excellent Facebook interview experience and felt engaged and taken care of throughout the process, though hearing back on the hiring decision took several days later than promised.

I had a friend refer me internally for the position. I was contacted by e-mail shortly after by a recruiter, followed by a phone screening with the recruiter. The next week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then about a month later, I had a video interview followed by an on-site interview. Before the interviews, I had a phone call with my recruiter to help prepare for the interviews.

My 30-minute video interview was with a team member in London. The first half was questions about my writing experience, and the second half was a writing and editing exercise.

I interviewed with three people on site, 30 minutes each, and met my recruiters several times during the day, including for lunch. The questions were challenging and related directly to examples of experiences in past and present positions.

I interviewed on a Monday and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, but actually heard back the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30, 60, 90 day and one year plan for this position?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you've had to mediate a conflict.   1 Answer

Analytics Project Manager, Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I only had an HR phone screen, but this process from initial scheduling email to final rejection took more than three weeks. The interviewer was nice and professional but seemed rushed. She kept starting questions with "very quickly, tell me about..." or "in thirty seconds, give me a brief summary...". So be mentally prepared to interview with someone who is clearly swamped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      Describe recent projects you've worked on from start to finish
      On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself in SQL
      Facebook feature that you like, how would you improve it, how would you gather a team to work on it
      1 Answer

Media Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and they really didn't seem interested in what I had to say. I think it was because they were interviewing a lot of people that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive work?   1 Answer

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening (30min) then an onsite interview (3 30-minute interviews face to face). Went over why Facebook, what analytics would I use to measure the performance of the business, my understanding of the role and how Facebook conducts business (works in that space), and lastly an SQL problem. It took 3.5 weeks (after I reached out to HR) for them to give me a rejection. Although I wasn't surprised with the result after the wait I think it is unprofessional to not give a status update after making the time to interview in person (seems like this is becoming the norm though)

Interview Questions

• How would you compete in the market? (test knowledge of competitors, factors in the market to be looking for, how you look at growth, and overall business knowledge/logic)   2 Answers

Risk Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through Linkedin. Then I was given a phone interview with the recruiter. After that, there is a 30-min technical interview with the hiring manager where he asked my experience about modeling, and give me a case study. The final interview is on-site with 4 different group of interviewers, including hiring manager, future coworker, and manager in Menlo Park. The overall interview process is very friendly, but some questions are difficult if you are not prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why Facebook?   1 Answer
    • If you can analyze 1000 transaction at most, but there are 5000 transactions on the list, what will you do?   3 Answers

Financial Operations: Supplier Master Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very well coordinated process; recruiters communicated the next steps and what to expect. First I received an email for a phone interview which was scheduled in a week, next day I get an email for the next round - 2 back to back Video Conference interviews 30 mins each, then I was scheduled for a final round at Austin, TX, this was also a 30 min Video Conference with the Finance Director, it went well. Unfortunately I wasn't selected. I wish I was! But it certainly was a great experience. :)

Interview Questions

• If one day you woke up to find yourself famous, what would you be famous for?   1 Answer
    • Which operations/process/system impressed you the most outside work.   1 Answer

User Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who then set up a video interview with a member of the community operations team in Austin. Mostly asked about my experience and how I would help people with different user issues. Most of the experience questions were related to problem-solving and steps I took to solve them. I was also asked to explain how to use an existing Facebook feature, some of its benefits, and how I would see if it was being adopted by users.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify fake profiles?   1 Answer

Financial Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Very quick process. I had 3 sets of interviews within a 2 week period. First was with the recruiter over the phone, than I the second interview was with 3 different people in Finance via video conference, and the last interview was with senior management onsite.

Interview Questions

• What are ways you can bring improvement to the role/process?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me several months after I applied. She was very nice and put me through to talk to the hiring manager the following week. The hiring manager was very technical and had little concern for cultural fit. I was given a case question which I had no clue how to answer and he abruptly ended the conversation though I assured him I was willing to learn. My some miracle I made it to the next round which was a case study which I had 2 hours to complete. No feedback was given except that I wasn't making it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Facebook?   1 Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I could Barley hear the interviewer.
    and sadly was asked some basic questions one can easily google and not high level questions expected to be asked as an engineer.
    I would like to see question like please explain your system at work and let me know what the most important thing to improve in it.

Interview Questions

• what is uname-r dispaly   1 Answer
    • command you use to trace a system call on a running process   1 Answer
    • what is a file discriptor   Answer Question
    • file contorl the size of core dump for process running of names user or group   1 Answer
    • protocol translate from IP addresses to mac address   1 Answer